No announcement yet.

junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bottom line here is that, It never hurts to swing by the yards. Just enter without your toolbox, walk around for a few minutes and see what they got. If you land on something extraordinary, grab it. I have scored some crazy shit in the yards, when i was expecting the least.

If nothing, just walk right back out. If you want something that is worth $2 entrance fee, smash a few windshields on the way out when no one is looking.....

And call it a fun trip.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

got these at the yard today...

Comment

Originally posted by GOT8SPD View Post

got these at the yard today...
        Nice. E34 Ellipsoids are not completely useless after all...
        » PARTS FOR SALE
        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          Nice. E34 Ellipsoids are not completely useless after all...
          You do know, that you can hack'em and make them fit in the e30 right? Nothing BMW is worthless these days. That's why the yards are making a killing out of us.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
            really? all i see are etas all day, and i go a lot. and 'facelift' isn't exactly accurate, 88-89 were still pop-outs. actually, only 90-91 coupes didn't them.
            That's what I mean.. I usually never see pop-out cause when I got there's usually only sedans and verts, eta or not. When I do see a coupe it's usually 89-91 and but when I do see 88 or earlier, some derp had already decided its fun to destroy perfectly good parts.

Luckily, ive got a suppliers that generally offers me junkyard pricing on most of the stuff from him.. Shooot, he pretty much gave me a set of pop-outs for free minus the weatherstripping

Comment

junk yards suck. I leave angry half the time. I guess you just have to really know what yards and what workers charge you what. I spent 15 min getting some lenses from a e34 only to get charged 8 bucks a piece just for the glass. Other yards charge a buck for the glass and 8 for the whole bucket as a "sealed beam" even though it is not.
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

You didn't seem angry that one time you pretty much got m3 spring for free :-D

I typically thought you usually go tothe yards alot though? You mainly go to scope?

Comment

it's a love/hate/necessity sort of relationship.
                  1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                  1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

If it fits in my pants, I don't pay for it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      If it fits in my pants, I don't pay for it.
                      Haha same here
                      Def love/hate

Comment

And people wonder why the yards rape us for parts...because people don't pay for them.

Comment

And people wonder why the yards rape us for parts...because people don't pay for them.
                          it does bother me that people find it so acceptable to steal from the junk yards. If you try to justify it by saying they charge a lot than don't go. If target started selling socks for too much you wouldn't start stealing socks.

I'm not perfect though.
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                            it does bother me that people find it so acceptable to steal from the junk yards. If you try to justify it by saying they charge a lot than don't go. If target started selling socks for too much you wouldn't start stealing socks.

I'm not perfect though.
                            I'd just stop wearing socks...stealing is stealing. There's no such thing as acceptable stealing.

Comment

Those are your moral standards and have no bearing on anyone else. If a person decides to steal they accept those consequences for doing so. If they feel they are being ripped off and they decide that morally they want to take things to balance the costs out then that's on them. The stealing of fuses or adjusters really have a small effect on a local economy and probably do not weigh much in to the overall pricing of junk yard items.

The reason why costs have gone up is due to supply and demand. They have they supply and we are the demand. If less people were to go junk yarding prices would go down as the demand is less. It's economics 101 people, no more no less.

I remember when I got my first e30 (which was dirt cheap compared to my current e30) going yarding how cheap and plentiful things were. You really could find rare parts like a moonroof for example at a junkyard along with whatever else your needed. Now finding a rare part is obscenely rare now much less parts you need. That also has partly to do with supply diminishing as well but lets not go and complicate the formula here as the base principle still stands as valid.

Comment

false.

Comment

Working...
                                X