Missing Flight MH370 777-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    OK, you are mocking me, that's fine. I accept that.
    I was unsure if you were being sarcastic or not. You've never struck me as a conspiracy theorist; not that this is a conspiracy.

I do think that it's possible, but I don't think its very probable. I think it would have been detected. Then again, I don't think that there is almost any transparency from our government. So who is to say that it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      I was unsure if you were being sarcastic or not. You've never struck me as a conspiracy theorist; not that this is a conspiracy.

I do think that it's possible, but I don't think its very probable. I think it would have been detected. Then again, I don't think that there is almost any transparency from our government. So who is to say that it wasn't.
      LOL. I am not usually a far-fetched idea person, but sometimes, the potentialities need to be contemplated and thought out. I just don't like the fact that in such an un-simple (see: post 9 / 11 ) world, people are so apt to accept the most simple option without taking into account the region this is all happening in, nor the little info we have.

Now, the little info being shared being so sparse is what makes me think in this day and age, we would in fact have much more data, so one of two things is happening, either the governments of the world do not have as far reaching techno-powers to gather data as Edward Snowden and the Guardian have implied, or, the governments know everything, have received requests or notification of hostages and negotiations for ransoms, and are trying to deal with the debacle outside the line of site of our information providers and are trying to keep quiet and prevent a panic from a privately threatened EMP over populated, technological centers of industry in said countries.
      Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

If I could, I'd be doing better things with my Sunday morning than posting on R3v.

How can anything be better then that ?^^^^^^^^^^
        sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

I think way more is known about all this than is being let on. A fucking 777 just does not disappear, there is radar data tracking it that someone has somewhere, with out a transponder its a little harder sure but a 777 has the cross section of a god dammed building someone knows where the thing is or where it fell out of the sky
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

That planes somewhere at the bottom of an ocean and its gonna take years to find. With terrorism the way it is now the second that plane would of popped up on another country's radars they would have fighter jets on it like white on rice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Not if farbins transponder theory is remotely plausible and with that many hostages on the damm thing, the international back lash of shooting and airliner full of passengers down even if its aimed at a population center is going to be very bad. You dont shoot a passenger plane down, thats just a big NO NO.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

^And right now, that's what we got, working with remote plausibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Not if farbins transponder theory is remotely plausible and with that many hostages on the damm thing, the international back lash of shooting and airliner full of passengers down even if its aimed at a population center is going to be very bad. You dont shoot a passenger plane down, thats just a big NO NO.
                  Not saying they would have shot it down but they would have been watching it and following it until it was out of there airspace. The fact that it wasn't spotted at all after it got to the Indian ocean leads me to believe that's where its at.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I also read, thoughts that maybe there was a transponder failure, and one of the military groups in the region where its flight path was took it out and this is a cover up.

(This is one I find unlikely, but hey, it does sound less contrived than my idea.)

Comment

This thread makes me giggle.

If someone is looking to get their hands on an aircraft for nefarious purposes, it's much easier to simply buy something on the open market, of which there are thousands available in all shapes and sizes, than it is to hijack one with hundreds of witnesses on board. You're going to have a much easier time registering a legitimately purchased small 10-20 person passenger Jet for a flight over the good ol' US of A than to sneak in a stolen 777 with a fake flight plan registered to international airports....or do they have someone on the inside there as well?

/tinfoil

Comment

^How much terror do you incite by going out and buying an A/C?

Exactly.

And, then, they are not witnesses, they are terror victims. Boom, they strike fear by it potentially happening to you(one). Now you(one) don't fly. There is more terror not knowing about this than there was watching planes fly into buildings. This way, the terror is there will never be closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          I also read, thoughts that maybe there was a transponder failure, and one of the military groups in the region where its flight path was took it out and this is a cover up.

(This is one I find unlikely, but hey, it does sound less contrived than my idea.)

After screwing around on the internet and reading articles I do have to say that your conspiracy of the plane being on land is possible but unlikely since to many people would have seen it if it was on land.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I'm doing my reading on a pilots version of r3v.

Here is a quote from there...

Assuming the hijack hypothesis are we talking a very skilled pilot with planning or an extremely lucky amateur?

Data points:
                            Precise timing of disappearance at the minute when switching between Malaysia and Vietnam airspace.
                            FL450 excursion when heavy requires skillful handling at performance limits (maximum energy climb). [contested by some posters with experience on type. However service ceiling is not absolute ceiling!]
                            Cruise at FL295 which avoids outbound/inbound traffic.
                            Follows border between Thailand/Malaysia when crossing peninsula.
                            Minimal air defense monitoring at night - opportunity to leave the area before dawn when full air defense is active.
                            A/c avoids areas with active radar coverage.
                            Good points that show this is not a rookie in the cabin by any means if it's a hijack. Not to mention the differences between a 777 and more commonly(widely held training) trained on 47's, 57's, and 67's. If in fact something nefarious happened, it would have had to be done by someone with many hours at the stick of a 777.

EDIT: http://hawkeyemedia.com/panos/777_Avionics.asp

There is no way some basic terrorist passenger, or a group could have figured out what to do in this room.

Comment

LOL@conspiricists

Something bad happened. Something on the scale of your imaginations did not.
                              2011 1M Alpine white/black
                              1996 Civic white/black
                              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Well, there was a recent development about unauthorized access to the E&E bay area on 777's, and it's a concern for safety/terrorism, what if this was the first use of this vulnerability and all the focus on the pilots is unfounded?

Comment

Working...
                                X