X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow this thing is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      Was surprised that Danny sold it. Read your thread over on s14power.
      At first I wasnt so sure about the shell but in hindsight it was the perfect shell for me - so much of the engineering work on the shell has already been done. Im hoping it will all be felt and show when its built up and on the track.

Comment

Comment

What happened to the center lock wheels?

Comment

Centre locks are not being used on the car - those centre lock wheels are available to buy in NZ.

Some updates

plenty of space upfront with the engine moved back over 2 inches

Oil cooler and Fan in now

Comment

Center locks available in NZ you say?!

I'm guessing Conrad's got them then?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Did this car sneak it's way in to the UK from part of the old soviet block? Only guys I've seen doing custom CF like that is out of work russian aerospace engineers/assemblers.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                  Center locks available in NZ you say?!

I'm guessing Conrad's got them then?

Yes, well at least the m3motorsport website has them listed as available to buy.

Car started life in Germany, then made its way to Netherlands, and now in the UK. All the CF was put on in the UK and sourced around Europe. I now however have a contact who does all M3 panels in carbon too - the idea that one day the manufacturer will build a spaceframe M3 with full carbon panels....tasty thought.

Comment

So my car builder decided to send me some pictures of my car with one of his carbon bumpers - have to say very tempting and it is only a few kg ! Amazingly the guy does all E30 M3 exterior body panels in sight carbon !

Comment

Forward facing hollow roll bar and mounts sorted:

Now with everything installed and fitting correctly Spencer has been busy taking everything out again so the bay can be tidyied up:

Comment

The bay is slowly coming along. Wheel wells finally looking respectable - previous owner had them raised by an 20mm/inch but the finish didnt look so good.

Comment

So I had some used carbon Ferrari Challenge seats from a 360 which were looking a bit worn so got them recovered. Will fit nicely in the E30 and only weight a touch over 5kg each with side mounts :D

Comment

Engine bay is coming along and is almost ready for primer. Spencer has been welding up some of the holes. Hes doing a great job and very particular - instead of just sheet metal he been using the original panels so they match up:

Probably not the most cost effective method but I decided to got the s54 manifolds ceramic coated by Zircotec to help manage under bonnet temps - they came out nice. I used this coating on my 650hp Mitsi Evo to great effect:

Comment

Spencer has been busy on the bay - almost ready for paint now that its been sealed

Comment

wow, can't wait for final product
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X