No announcement yet.

Project '88 S-ETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do to get your bumpers to that mirror shine?

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
      What did you do to get your bumpers to that mirror shine?
      Stripped and polished the bumpers and trim. Here is the DIY I made.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=368030

Feedback Thread

Comment

Looking great. Making me feel like I'm slacking in mine!
        89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
        99 540it
        86 Volvo 240 wagon
        99 Cherokee
        13 Passat

Comment

Well my car passed inspection over a month ago and I was told about a spot of surface rust. Today I crawled under to see the spot and to fix it before it rotted through the floor. It was already to late. So the seats, center console and carpet came out. I used a wire wheel to clean the rust away to see how big the holes were. After that the rust was cut out, and new metal welded in place. It got 2 coats of paint and a few coats of bed liner to protect it. Also cleaned the carpet with a hot water extractor, it was a lot worse then I thought it was.

Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 08-03-2017, 08:26 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

I finally replaced my sunroof headliner panel. I tore the old one when I installed it after painting was done, so its been way to long. I also bought the final pin(?) to hold up the knee panel under the steering wheel.

Out with the old torn one.

In with the not torn one. Still needs a little cleaning but it is way better then it was.

Just need to clean it up for the meet this coming Wednesday at a local Sonic and a meet this coming Saturday, 14th at BimmerBuddies.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Wrapped the faces of my rims with Arlon copper chrome vinyl. Then I repolished my front/rear bumpers and window trim. I decided to strip all the protectants off using ChemicalGuys clean slate soap, then put on a layer of Jet seal. All my scratches and swirls went away from stripping all the other crap I have pilled on over the last year.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Decided to mess around with light painting. First one is in my garage, I was getting the hang of it and it was also 1pm so not night time outside. The other 3 were from 5:40pm to 6:10pm.

Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 07-05-2018, 09:17 AM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Winter looks to be finally over. I went to pull my car out of the over winter trailer and found a huge area of transmission oil under it. Over winter with how the car was parked and the age of the oil pan gasket, it leaked out around 1 quart. So I drained the pan, removed and replaced the pan gasket, filter and filter o-ring. As I removed the 6 pan bolts, I found that 2 of them were almost loose and the drain plug was also loose. I got around 5.5 quarts out and put in about 6.5 quarts. It does drive better then I remember and also downshifts as I slow down like it did years ago.

The magnets have almost no metal shavings on them. The fluid is pretty dark and definitely needed changed.

Feedback Thread

Comment

A guy about 1 hour south west of my wanted to take photos of cars with his new camera setup so I offered my car and he said yes. So I spent around 6 hours detailing/cleaning it up for the photoshoot, my first one ever.

Photographer: Jordon Strait of Chambersburg, PA
                    Instagram:straitupphotog

Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 06-13-2018, 06:15 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

very clean. Love the valve cover and the shaved sides. I do think the color does the car an injustice though, which is weird because I love black cars. Just wish i could see the shaved sides better. that's really all it is.

Is the silver around the headlights the metal rings?

Comment

suuuuper clean. Chrome highlights really working in your favor here
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          Is the silver around the headlights the metal rings?
                          Yes, they are the headlight rings. I tried them painted black but it killed the look of the car so I painted them silver.

Feedback Thread

Comment

how did you go about shaving the side moldings? I see you welded the holes and then grinded them out, but how did you get the panel flat? Bondo, welded stainless steel plate? great build btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                              how did you go about shaving the side moldings? I see you welded the holes and then grinded them out, but how did you get the panel flat? Bondo, welded stainless steel plate? great build btw.
                              We used Bondo Tiger Hair for the most of the filling, sanded that and used regular bondo to smooth it out. We might of used iceing as the last coat but cant quite remember.

Feedback Thread

Comment

So you used tiger hair to fill the holes and most of the cavity? And then regular bondo on top of that to smooth it and level it all out? Looks great btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X