X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

< insert smiley-face here >
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

So nice to see the pictures back up! Glad you're still enjoying the car too.

This has to be one of the most thorough build threads on r3v.
      '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
      '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Just read through this in its entirety. I would pay for a published/printed version of this!

I just picked up a new-to-me E30 project and you've inspired me to rethink the way I tackle projects on this car. Thanks for taking the time and effort to document your experiences!
        JP
        WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
        88 325 super eta
        00 528i/5 (daily)
        02 530iA sport

Former
        04 525iA sport
        87 325is
        91 325i
        97 528i

Comment

this thread inspires me always to complete my work on my 318is.
          great write up simon, I wish you all the success in your life.
          sad to here you are thinking of selling the car, never imagined it could happen.
          please update us with your latest.

and by the way, did this project cost you $ 10K including the car price, as you first estimated ?

thanks

--------------------------------
          My 318is restoration thread
          Last edited by kenshin86; 02-23-2018, 01:02 AM. Reason: adding my build thread

Comment

My build thread references this build thread within the first 50 words.

Was a great starting point for me wayyyyy back in 2008.

Sorry to hear you want to sell, but I can understand the desire to start something new.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Aw.. jeeze.. cringing while posting this here..

For Sale Posting on Craigslist..

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                Aw.. jeeze.. cringing while posting this here..

For Sale Posting on Craigslist..
                Stunning car. I would optimistically say that Bring A Trailer would yield your highest offers. I wouldn't be surprised if they even topped your asking price. Lot of interest for well-documented 318is' on B.A.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                  Stunning car. I would optimistically say that Bring A Trailer would yield your highest offers. I wouldn't be surprised if they even topped your asking price. Lot of interest for well-documented 318is' on B.A.T.
                  They're phenomenal DDs - I was between one of those and the 2001 740iL I just bought. Too good of a deal on the 7 though haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

+1, go with BAT

Comment

Just saw this locally on Clist and it brought me here. Beautiful car and I hope you get your asking price, its very humble for the amount of work. I would agree this is a respectable listing for BAT. You will get your moneys worth.

Comment

Awesome build thread. The love and care that you put into the car and, more importantly, sharing it with the community is amazing. Sad to see you're selling her, sounds like she was your pride and joy :)

Good luck
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Thanks guys.. yeah - hard to let go of.. but excited about moving on to other projects..

.. and yeah, BAT is looking like best bet for me just for the exposure..

Cheers.
                          Big thanks to the r3vlimited community for all the help over the years.
                          Wish me luck !

Comment

Just read through your entire thread and I really just want to lock myself in a garage with my e30 and do a full restoration. This has been a truly amazing read and journey.I hope that the next owner gives it the love and attention the car deserves. Glad to see that things have worked out for you!
                            1986 325es(Possible race car?)
                            1987 325e (the show car)
                            1992 525it (the new daily)

Comment

So sad to see you selling this... but I understand the need to make room for new projects. This car should do VERY well on BAT.
                              '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                              '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

This car is a pillar of the e30 community. The new owner will be extremely lucky to own such a well cared for and thoughtfully assembled car.

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                                X