No announcement yet.

Massive - Dead pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no problem on the delay lee. oh and mine was for an e30. don't own a 2002... yet :)
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
      no problem on the delay lee. oh and mine was for an e30. don't own a 2002... yet :)
      Interesting, I was emailing you probably while you were typing this post. Exactly at the same time. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Let us know when you make the Mtech reproduction-ish pedal; I'm down for one. I want to keep my carpet, but more and more I need that pedal...

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
          Let us know when you make the Mtech reproduction-ish pedal; I'm down for one. I want to keep my carpet, but more and more I need that pedal...
          The "M technic" dead pedal won't be before four weeks. I had an owner ship me a genuine unit, and I will "study" it.
          I expect to keep the price in the same ballpark as the other dead pedals. Nothing like the current $300+ selling price for an M technic part.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Nice work. Looks like the Alpina pedal but less then 1/3rd the cost. Whats the purpose of a dead pedal anywho?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Keeps your foot closer to the pedals.

At least I think.

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                Nice work. Looks like the Alpina pedal but less then 1/3rd the cost. Whats the purpose of a dead pedal anywho?

Don't you ever stick your foot on it??

Think of it as a foot rest or foot support. When your foot isn't on the clutch, it needs to go there to help support your body from moving all about in turns.
                89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

yet?...........uh oh.....
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                    Don't you ever stick your foot on it??

Think of it as a foot rest or foot support. When your foot isn't on the clutch, it needs to go there to help support your body from moving all about in turns.
                    Never. The only time it may touch it is when I'm getting in and out of the car. All my go cart years must have me conditioned to keep one foot near or touching a pedal at all times. Just seems weird that you'd rest your foot in on a track where your constantly up shifting and down shifting.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      Never. The only time it may touch it is when I'm getting in and out of the car. All my go cart years must have me conditioned to keep one foot near or touching a pedal at all times. Just seems weird that you'd rest your foot in on a track where your constantly up shifting and down shifting.
                      it's not constant, you brake, shift and turn usually, the dead pedal is for your foot to brace against. in a sedan, the seating position is not like on a cart. now in a formula car, probably similar.
                      '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                      '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                        yet?...........uh oh.....
                        haha.. how's your 02 build coming? any pics?
                        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                        '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Received the specific e30 race dead pedals for cars without carpeting. I had to have them redone as last week's batch didn't have the upper tabs separated as I wanted. The upper tabs bolt on the wheel well curve. Bend tabs until you reach your own ideal foot position.

Every stainless steel dead pedal weights 420gr (15oz) and despite the low weight, they are extremely sturdy.
                          Cost is $75usd + $12usd shipping.
                          All orders taken last week will be processed immediately.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

The Hartge style dead pedal has been designed and will go in production on Wednesday. It is intended to fit over the original mushy foot rest for carpeted street cars.

Next is the M technic style. It will still be perforated, will mount with the same principle as an M technic unit. This one is much more work because of the many angled folds.
                            Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

just got the pedal. very very nice peice.. tks lee!!
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

just got the pedal. very very nice peice.. tks lee!!
                                Is it in the car? I might like to stop up to check it out if that would be ok...
                                89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                                E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Working...
                                X