Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on General McChrystal being fired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on General McChrystal being fired?

I'm surprised it has not come out here yet. It's funny that a guy without military experience can fire a general.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

He is the commander in chief after all. That said, it was more that he was flexing political might than thinking war strategy.
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

^^^ I've been following it fairly extensively, and there's good (and bad) reasons for him to do both. I'm more wondering why he demoted Gen. Petraeus to fill the job, and who will fill his position if he is not tasked with doing both. (Before this happened, Gen. Petraeus was head of CENTCOM, under which Afghanistan falls under.)

There's a lot more to this than meets the eye.
      sigpic89 M3

Comment

cars beep boop

Comment

Bullshit, He just fired him for using his 1st amendment right.

Comment

no different then any other "company" happen 100s times a day.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Granted, I understand, when you sign up for active duty, you don't have constitutional rights...

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Bullshit, He just fired him for using his 1st amendment right.
                You kinda forfeit many of your rights when you become a member of the military.

Comment

^ You do see I said something along those lines, right above your reply.

Comment

Bad judgment indeed. He deserved to be relieved of his duty.

I'm confused as to why he granted an interview to Rolling Stone.
                    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

as much as i hate obama, i think the right call was made here.

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                        Bad judgment indeed. He deserved to be relieved of his duty.

I'm confused as to why he granted an interview to Rolling Stone.
                        As I understand it, the author of the article (the name escapes me) is a freelance journalist....does writing for several publications. That said, I wonder if it was disclosed as to which 'rag this write up was going for?

Jon
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I have to say that I'm not surprised by the comments that the General and his fellow soldiers made.
                          It sounds like a typical, "not for public consumption" military conversation about policy.

You see, we don't get to write policy. We don't get to question it, we just follow orders.
                          So yeah, conversations like that are happening ALL OVER THE WORLD, in and out of the military. I think it's healthy. The President can't be there behind the trigger, or with the foreign civilian population... (You weren't THERE, MAN!!)
                          So he has to rely on his military commanders.
                          I wonder if maybe the journalist had an axe to grind, if you read his follow up articles, it kinda smacks of "there, see what I did?" Of course the whole thing is spun the way he wants it spun, and a kicked pigeon is always going to flutter. In other words, he could have gone several ways with that article, and just because you call a spade a spade, doesn't mean you're wrong.

It was VERY stupid to go ON THE RECORD for this kind of article. I'm sure it was for the sake of "transparency" that he was allowed to follow him around in such candid situations.
                          All together, I'm not surprised by the outcome, what really irks me though, is that it sounds like the decision was made more by the "White House" than by the President...
                          Politics politics politics.
                          Slicktop City!

Comment

Guy should have kept his mouth shut...

Comment

Originally posted by jrhaile View Post
                              Guy should have kept his mouth shut...
                              this, but since he didn't, the right call has been made,

so really 0 has done 1 thing right and its a minor thing at that.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X