No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most apartments here start bitching the second the car is on jacks. Can't even get away with an oil change at most places. Your lucky indeed

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Most apartments here start bitching the second the car is on jacks. Can't even get away with an oil change at most places. Your lucky indeed
      damn that sucks. i guess austin is pretty relaxed, because my car was up on jacks more often then not at my last apartment hahaha

Comment

also, i am in the market for an engine harness. if anyone has one or has any leads feel free to shoot me a pm.

Comment

Clutch came in :D hopefully this thing lasts(ebay special, fx stage 1), seems like some people have had good luck while others not so much. maintenance items should be in later today too!

Also, should I use these pilot/release bearings that came with the kit or order new OEM ones? or not even worry about it and start slapping stuff together?
          Last edited by dothadance; 09-10-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I really wish I got a bigger box for how much money I spent lmao.
            Last edited by dothadance; 09-10-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

plugs, w/p, thermostat housing, thermostat, gaskets galore.
              Last edited by dothadance; 09-10-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Nice! Get it! I love that you're doing it where you can get it done. Not taking no for an answer. Good on you!
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Had some free time yesterday, so I did some guy stuff.
                  Got my oil pan off a few days ago and gave it to my buddy to modify. Also spent some time last night getting my brakes and throttle set up. No pictures of that though.

Comment

Test fit. Going to lower the pedals a smidge, and I still need to grind/file the Wilwood assembly for my throttle linkage.

Comment

Picked up 10ft of copper/nickel tubing on the old grocery getter. Going to try and keep my ABS.

And I got my pan back!

she's a beauty!
                      Last edited by dothadance; 09-17-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

pan looks good. I suggest doing a leak test for at least 24 hr. trust me on this !!
                        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                          pan looks good. I suggest doing a leak test for at least 24 hr. trust me on this !!
                          What would that entail? Fill it up with oil and let is sit?

Comment

So i removed the two lines that went to the old m/c from the abs pump and have since realized I have no clue as to which line was for my front and which one is for my rear brakes.

Or if it even works like that! I'm hoping that it does (so I can set the bias bar appropriately)... Abs delete and booster deletes are pretty common, but I can't seem to find any info on the garagistic delete and keeping abs If anyone has any info, lemme know. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                              What would that entail? Fill it up with oil and let is sit?
                              yes. any liquid. low viscosity oil - used is ok ,or just water.
                              My fabricator has a lot of experience welded in/out and we ended up with a pin hole. Which became obvious after engine was in car and running....
                              My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                                So i removed the two lines that went to the old m/c from the abs pump and have since realized I have no clue as to which line was for my front and which one is for my rear brakes.

Or if it even works like that! I'm hoping that it does (so I can set the bias bar appropriately)... Abs delete and booster deletes are pretty common, but I can't seem to find any info on the garagistic delete and keeping abs If anyone has any info, lemme know. I'll keep looking.
                                I have this set up w/ ABS. just make sure the bias bar is neutral ( equal f//r). I set pedal ht to full ht keeping full thread engagement of slave cyl push rod in clevis. adjustment once installed is next to impossible. Are you keeping the stk 'proportioning' valve to rear brakes ? At the least you may want to add a BBK kit on the front.
                                My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

Working...
                                X