Cohen cuts deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cohen cuts deal

So we all saw it coming. Dirty attorney who selling the white house cuts deal.

This whole thing screams filth but one thing that is obvious that no one wants to talk about it. No one sells the White House on behalf of Trump unless they have permission to do so.

While legal, this pay for play will rock the administration now. Flynn, Manafort will likely flip and this just gets convoluted.

Got some guilty peeps in the swamp
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah

All that will likely happen is that Cohen will state the obvious. Trump knew well in advance of the meetings, and approved all the payments that follows, and he repeatedly lied. As proof he will show the paper trail. Which is nothing criminal but lets not forget it was a private legal issue that led to the impeachment of Clinton which is where this is likely heading. Michael Avenatti, Omarosa, half the republican party are just circling like sharks. It sounds as if they have something on Trump and Mueller is lining up his ducks. Man, I thought Hillary was dirty. Turns out the focus was on the wrong candidate from the get go. But seriously, we all knew a little from start when Trump said the Mexico was paying for the wall, that he was less than honest.
      Last edited by Javier h; 08-21-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Going to be an interesting news cycle for the next few weeks.

As has been said, using dirty business tactics in the corporate real estate world and getting away with it is one thing. Doing it under the scrutiny of the world press in the White House is a completely different animal.
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Always found it odd

that many predicted Trump would not make it 4 years...and no, not referring to those on the left but rather people like Bannon. As if they just knew it was a matter of time before they stumbled on something impeachable. We'll see how this shakes down but the strategy while slow appears to be working. Funny, even a reality star is now involved with the drip, drip, drip content of tapes and hidden videos just to sell a book. Sadly enough this presidency will be remember in the history books as a dark time in American politics.

I always felt the warranty to raid an Cohen's office was a turning point. At the end, you don't convince a judge to violate attorney client privilege unless you really have something in substance. Trump pretty much remains silent about Cohen now....only thing that made the headlines was that if he's impeached the stock market will crash. We'll learn about the details in the warranty someday.
          Last edited by Javier h; 08-23-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

MAGA = My Attorney Got Arrested
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
              Which is nothing criminal but lets not forget it was a private legal issue that led to the impeachment of Clinton which is where this is likely heading.

Clinton was impeached because he lied, under oath, to a Grand Jury.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                Clinton was impeached because he lied, under oath, to a Grand Jury.
                thank you

and before all you hyperventilate that Cohen will be the downfall of Trump, paying off the women to keep quiet is no crime. Cohen has nothing on Trump and Russia. If he had, or anyone had, it would have come out by now.

Amazing that the press and the left, who have known all along that both Cohen and Manafort are scumbags, have been scumbags, are now as innocent as the driven snow.

And how convenient that Cohen pleads guilty to get the Feds off his back and that none of this will see a day in court where he could argue his innocence.

And put this in context. Cohen pleads guilty to campaign finance law whatever. For a total of about I think $300,000 to the two women? And this is news? the Obama campaign was fined $375,000 for campaign finance violations but it wasn't really news then.

All of this is the left, lead by the democrats, trying to undue the 2016 election. Trump is no saint by any means. Is not someone I'd care to be friends with or do business with. But this is all about getting rid of Trump by any means.
                Last edited by gwb72tii; 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

^I don't think it's only Dems at this point who are are lining up the cross hairs. I think even a fair number of Reps have realized it does not look likely that Trump makes the end of his term. Pence I'm sure is just enjoying the show and counting the days (and tweets).

Not sure why the Clinton analogy was mentioned by OP. As stated he lied to a Grand Jury and that was his crime, not getting head in the WH. Had he stated so in the beginning he could not have been impeached... though the right still would have had a shit fit over it, much as the left is doing so now with Trump surrounding himself with corrupt assholes.

Even if we were to believe, in some alternate completely gullible universe, that Trump himself were not involved in some sort of criminal action. The phrase "constant exposure leads to a certain amount of contamination" comes to mind. Trumps has been, and always will be, a corrupt businessman using the law to his gain wherever, and whenever, possible. Some view that as smart business. And that's fine, it's your prerogative. But, under the greater scrutiny of the office of POTUS, I think he's finding it much harder to hide criminal indiscretions.

My only hope is that more centrists are elected in the upcoming general election to combat all the lefties and righties. It's disgusting watching our government turn into a bunch of high school girls looking to win a popularity contest. And worse, it's not the general public they are courting, it's the popularity of the corporations and wealthy contributors.
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    It's disgusting watching our government turn into a bunch of high school girls looking to win a popularity contest. And worse, it's not the general public they are courting, it's the popularity of the corporations and wealthy contributors.
                    wait. you think that's a recent development?
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      wait. you think that's a recent development?

Sorry, I realize the way I phrased that sentence it sounded that way, but no, I meant it is continuing to get worse and worse on a larger and larger scale. Thank you very much Citizens United.
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

Whoopteedoo.......victimless white collar crimes perpetrated by lawyers and politicians- surpriiiise!!! Meanwhile in Iowa.......

Comment

convenient that Cohen cops a plea that Trump will have no opportunity in a court of law to disprove
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

^

Or testify in under oath
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                              convenient that Cohen cops a plea that Trump will have no opportunity in a court of law to disprove
                              you mean that court of law in which he plead guilty?

it's fucking disgusting how the right thinks their opinion should override established process because they disagree with the outcome. shame on you, boy.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Working...
                              X