Cohen cuts deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    convenient that Cohen cops a plea that Trump will have no opportunity in a court of law to disprove

If impeachment proceedings or criminal charges are filed... of course he will have the opportunity. Unfortunately for Trump, I think that Cohen got that plea by providing evidence that corroborates his story already... so Trump will have a hard time disputing that. It's not just Cohen's word that got him a plea deal.

You really are Trump or die huh? No room for anything (facts, opinion, or otherwise) that might show him to be just as shady as any other politician. I can not stand Trump, but I was/am willing to wait until all this garbage sees the light of day before passing judgement on him as POTUS. But it isn't looking very good for him. He might not make the end of his first term at this rate.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      you mean that court of law in which he plead guilty?

it's fucking disgusting how the right thinks their opinion should override established process because they disagree with the outcome. shame on you, boy.
      you misunderstand my point.

Cohen cops a guilty pleas to avoid other charges, admits guilt to something other legal experts say is no crime. And that is used as pressure point to attack Trump.

And because he has admitted guilt, there will be no trial for Trump to disprove what Cohen pleads guilty to.

Convenient eh?
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
        If impeachment proceedings or criminal charges are filed... of course he will have the opportunity. Unfortunately for Trump, I think that Cohen got that plea by providing evidence that corroborates his story already... so Trump will have a hard time disputing that. It's not just Cohen's word that got him a plea deal.

You really are Trump or die huh? No room for anything (facts, opinion, or otherwise) that might show him to be just as shady as any other politician. I can not stand Trump, but I was/am willing to wait until all this garbage sees the light of day before passing judgement on him as POTUS. But it isn't looking very good for him. He might not make the end of his first term at this rate.
        Well if there is evidence he needs to hang. So far what has been shown is Trump is no different than any other recent President. Except he lies to your face.

The left has pushed constitutionalists, conservatives and independents into a corner of having to look the other way at Trump's lies etc. in order to get what they want, what other Presidents with beautiful speeches and public approval polling data promised and didn't deliver.
        Last edited by gwb72tii; 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM.
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Any one ever consider Cohen took the plea to keep all those records seized from his office under questionable pretense to keep them from becoming public record in full on court proceedings, or maybe to prevent further prosecution in other matters that may be discovered. You know fall on his sword kinda thing, would not be the 1st lackey to do something like that
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
          X