Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people feel about false M stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people feel about false M stripes?

My friend owns an E90 and he’s into the putting M badges on a non M car thing, and he had a couple feet extra of some M stripes that he gave to me. It’s been sitting in my trunk for a couple months and I just washed my car and decided I’d try and see how it’d look. I hate saying it, but as a teenager, I can’t help thinking that it looks kind of cool. I’ll probably take it off before driving the car in fear of coming across a sensible E30 guy on the road and him seeing the false M badge.
    What do the people of R3VLimited think about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

///M Stripes with bottlecaps is the only way it looks good. Nice work
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think it looks kinda tacky, but at the end of the day it’s your car so do you. I had them on my first e30(now on number 5), not gonna lie.
      1987 325 Turbo

Comment

It's personally not my thing & I don't think it adds anything postitive to the aesthetics of the car. The stripes however are much better than the actual fake ///M Badges. Those are terrible.
        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Could you take a photo from the front dead on so we can see them better?
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

M-stripes belong on M cars. If it was s50, s52, s54, s62 swapped with e30 M3 suspension.. I'd feel better about it

Comment

Vinyl decals aren't as bad as badging as long as it's not running the entire length of the car or something. BMW has been putting Motorsport decals on non M cars so it's really not a big deal. I see it more as BMW Motorsport pride vs pretending to have an M car. Personally, I like Motorsport colors on white and black/DS. On other E30 colors it just doesn't look quite right to me.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I have a small Mstripe logo on my trunk lid since my car is S50 swapped. You do you boo boo.

Comment

To me the colours represented "bmw motorsport" rather than specifically M series cars. So to be its not blasphemy to put the colours on a non-m car if its involved in Motorsport or just looks like a race car.

If i had a proper track car with all the track car things i would be tempted to put the large stripes across the front quarter/roof. I may even do it if i didn't have an M engine......shock horror gasp!

Comment

I'm planning to m badge on my grills because I have an "S50"

Some might not like it but that's okay.

Comment

It's not my thing but if you like it, own it. It's your car, enjoy it the way you want. Also, shout out to an OP from my hometown
                      '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Kinda torn. With bottle caps it has a retro look, still seems a bit fan boyesque.

Comment

Cool to see all of the different opinions. I like it, so I think it’s staying for at least a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell, I’m relatively new at this forum so I’m not going to intrude.

I will say, if you’re a teenager and you are into well sorted e30’s, do what you want. It’s nice to see a younger person with a stockish car.
                            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Personally ive contemplated getting a tricolor m pinstripe along the sides of my car after i have it painted. I think it might look good

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Working...
                              X