Just bought a z3 coupe and wanted to tell someone so yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    Is that Diamantschwarz? Could you please take a photo of the driver side shock-tower for the lolz?

JK: it's probably Cosmoschwarz. Looks beautiful. I saw 3 z3 coupes today - maybe i should buy a lottery ticket?

It's cosmos black metallalic. Thank god it's not jet black :) my old e46 and my current e30 are jet black and while nice...there's just no depth to it.

Currently on the train to VA to pick her up!!

Of the 2071 z3 coupes sold in North America, 154 were in Cosmos Black Metallic (in comparison to 416 in jet black and 105 in black sapphire metallic) and of those, 26 had the sand beige interior. Furthermore, there were 22 In cosmos black metallic that were sunroof deletes and 44 in automatic (mine is a 5 speed with sunroof)

There are some cool stats at http://www.z3coupebuyersguide.com/production

Comment

Amazing chassis. I had an s52 m roadster I sold last spring, loved it. Only downside was the convertible aspect. Felt a lot like an e30, predictable, but wide. Lighter than an e36 m3. I hope to pick up an s52 m coupe in the somewhat near future

Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I too have a cosmo black coupe, not nearly as nice as yours though.
        Be prepared for people to roll down their window and ask you about it or just give you a thumbs up. There are not many cars on the road like it.

Comment

Originally posted by plain325 View Post
          I too have a cosmo black coupe, not nearly as nice as yours though.
          Be prepared for people to roll down their window and ask you about it or just give you a thumbs up. There are not many cars on the road like it.
          I love that aspect of these old cars. When I drive my e30 in the summer I usually get at minimum 1 comment a week from other people at stop lights or in parking lots. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
            Amazing chassis. I had an s52 m roadster I sold last spring, loved it. Only downside was the convertible aspect. Felt a lot like an e30, predictable, but wide. Lighter than an e36 m3. I hope to pick up an s52 m coupe in the somewhat near future
            I was heavily considering an s52 m coupe. Something about a rare clownshoe but to have it be an m would be crazy :) I hemmed and hawed but went with the 3.0 because I'm a sucker for m54s. I could have spent less and got an s52 but opted for a ridiculously well sorted 3.0 instead. Considering I used to have a 2.5 xi e46 and thought that was quick, I think will do me just fine :) for now at least!

Comment

Nice pickup!

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
              See, I also was not a huge fan of these wheels when I was first looking at the car. Just didn't like em. I thought that Style 32s (stock option on some z coupes) looked the best. However, these 2 piece bbs's are seriously growing on me. I don't think I will be swapping rims anytime soon. I actually prefer them now lol. Perhaps I can pick work in an extra set of rims for winter tires and go from there. (what wheels are you guys thinking when you say change wheels? the m coupe stars?)
              You can always mod your existing style 42's to look something like this ;D

Comment

Congrats. I will be picking one up in the next two years.
                Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

step lip style 42s
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Currently driving the car home from VA. About halfway done.

Guys.... this is absurd. The car is so nice I feel foolish leaving it in any parking lot. I went into CVS and was so nervous about people messing with it. So far tons of people have been openly admiring it and one kid stopped his truck to take a picture of it. It's crazy. It is so insanely clean.

Pictures coming soon, once I get settled at home in Baltimore.

Comment

put it up on the lift today and it is looking great. You can see there is a spot where the previous owner slightly bottomed out. It is on the drivers side of the driveshaft and only enough contact to slightly remove the outermost coating of rubberseal or whatever it is. Eitherway.....there is literally ZERO rust on this car. All of the rubber pieces are in great condition, except the door handle and trunk handle gasket pieces. I took a bunch of random pictures, so enjoy.

interior:

Black headliner + speakers:

Dont' have any good pictures of the hatch open. Here you can see the cargo blind extended:

yes, the rear wiper arm has fluid nozzles on it.

ODO. Picked up at 48,507 miles

Underside:

[IMG][/IMG]

side that is slightly scraped:

water pump was just replaced and snail trail was not cleaned up

front drivers rim was straightened at one point

trans tunnel is clean:

didn't get many pictures of the rear end so onto the motor.

it's funny how crammed in there the m54 is. You can tell the chassis wasn't originally fitted with one. Look at the respective marks on the engine vanity cover as well as the hood dampening material/whatever it's called:

imperfections:

the gaskets around the handles are shot:

largest scuff on the car is on the front drivers side bumper cover. Was pretty upset finding this here and wondering how I skipped over it initially (not that it would have mattered) regardless, this is the LARGEST by far. Nothing else comes close to this. Paint is in insane condition apart from here:

one rim was curbed up pretty nicely. Something to note: these tires were made in 2004!!!! And they have 5/32nds and have ZERO dry rot whatsoever. They are most likely not perfectly round anymore, but this just goes to show this thing truly was kept in a climate controlled garage. Guy I got it from (who passed away) purchased it at 38k in 2004 and put 10k miles on it until I picked it up 2 days ago. It's truly a time capsule.

here you can see the dash vent is coming up - already confirmed it is a broken tab and thus can be fixed by replacing the vent piece @ ~$25.

Hope that a good enough overview for you guys :)

I can't get enough of this car. At 48k miles, everything is tight and responsive. The M54B30 is incredible. I love it. AC blows cold and is consistent, however I did notice the AC compressor clutch is rather noise and seems to be on it's way out, but probably will be fine for several more years. I just don't know if I can deal with the noise.... Or knowing others will hear it kicking on and off as it should. Can't really hear it unless you are looking. I am weird. That is all.
                      Last edited by BaltimoreBimmer; 02-20-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Very nice! Enjoy!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
                          Its a 2001 z3 3.0i coupe. It has an M54b30 paired with a 5 speed. The car has 48,XXX miles on it and 2 previous owners. First owner leased it for 4 years and put 3X,XXX miles on it. Second owner purchased it shortly there after and babied it till now. Harmon Kardon, heated seats, beige interior. 1 of 26 in this color combination that were sold in north america. I'm super excited :O and just had to tell people. I don't really have car friends so people i know were like, "oh aren't z3's girl cars?" They have no idea.

It's almost completely flawless. Bought it off of an estate sale after the owner passed away. I've always wanted a clowshoe! What do you guys think?

I pick it up on Sunday. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the interior. So I only have exterior photos for now. There is an ever so slight bit of wear on the drivers side bolster but so little that you don't see it in photos. Other than that, the only flaws I have found so far is a tiny bit of the door car vinyl up top at one corner coming off (easily fixable) and the passenger side dash vent seems to not be fully clipped in. Speakers are obviously old af and meh, but not bad all things considered.

It has a beige (much darker than typical e46 beige) interior with silver chrome trim. The leather interior is NOT extended leather, so the dashboard is not leatherclad. While I would enjoy an extended leather interior, most of the examples I found as of late all have peeling issues with the dash areas due to old age and sun exposure. Perhaps it's easier to simply not have to deal with that?

The curves on this thing are unreal. I love it. The weekend cannot come fast enough!
                          I will now need a new keyboard after drooling all over mine
                          1992 325i Convertible - "project"
                          1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!

I was going to purchase a 3.0 Coupe as well, before finding an S54 shoe in AZ for a crackhead deal.
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                              Congrats and welcome to the club!

I was going to purchase a 3.0 Coupe as well, before finding an S54 shoe in AZ for a crackhead deal.
                              Oh man. That's nuts. The asking prices on those things are RIDICULOUS. Like 30k for a hella high mileaged one! I sometimes wish my shoe was an S54, but I've convinced myself it's more practical (but mostly affordable) to have a 3.0 to half daily drive (splitting time with the e30 vert for daily lol). I love how even though these cars are super rare, the parts they use are shared with not super rare cars so there is no price premium.

Practical........like having an e30 vert and a clownshoe for my only two cars. Totally practical...right guys?? :razz:

Not sure what tires to get for this car as the ones on it are hella old...

Comment

new tires NOW.

just search tirerack, this car's modern enough to have plenty of options. 300 treadwear rating if you do occasional spirited driving, 200ish if you're willing to give up a little bit of lifespan for more grip at the limit.

good find, though. another member robrez had the same in blue and i got to eyefuck it a couple times when i lived down in socal.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X