M42 Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 Supercharger

What are some superchargers for the M42?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

DASC.

Not exactly sure where to get it, but IIRC they're like $3K for the kit. At least they used to be a little under that.

Keep in mind that the M42 would need pretty precise tuning for FI since it doesn't have knock sensors.
    Personally, I'd rather use a moderate sized turbo. It seems like it would be easier than turboing the 6-cyl E30s since you'd have more room for piping and whatnot. And no supercharger draining power when you're not even trying to create boost.

Comment

I wouldn't say its easier since M42's have 10:1 compression, but its doable.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I'm serious about doing this swap in the future.

Look for a M42 from an E36 before '96. Swap the motor, and then do the DASC. We all know the E36 M42 is swappable from E30matt's old car.

It's going to be more expensive, but think about how much less custom work you're going to have to do. Read up on the DASC; they do a good job of convincing you on how their supercharger keeps the boost going from the very low to high. It's a nice setup, and I've seen it in action on a Z3. It's a good combo for a very tossable and quick car.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Check out any copy of Bimmer mag, Downing-Atlanta supershargers advertises an M42 supercharger for the E36 318ti and the e30 318is. they list a website, www.downingatlanta.com hope it helps!

Darin

Comment

HERE IS A GOOD LINK http://www.tdi-plc.com/bmwE30318iS.htm

Comment

Thought there was a fitment problem w/ the DASC and the E30 hood?

Comment

Working...
              X