turbo m42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo m42?

I'm thinkin about turboing my m42 but i was wondering what would be the best turbo for it. I was thinkin of maybe a triple k k26, but then i was wondering if it would be to big for a 1.8l i4. So then I started thinkin about the k24 and k03. Anyone turboed thier m42 and got some tips? oh and what size fmic should i be lookin at?
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

bump
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Do a search on bimmerforums there's a couple of people that are in the process of tuning right now, that's the hardest part from what I understand, especially since the e30 m42 has no knock sensors.

Comment

T25 from nissan SR20 to start.

upgrade to a T28 when ready for more boost.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

use the turbine from a volkswagen 1.8t engine... it can boost a little more when ur ready and it spools ultra quick. plus you can get one cheap as hell. As far as an intercooler goes try to pick something stock up for free, such as any saab intercooler, then have new piping made for all of it (trust me its worth it) and slowly peice it all together.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

You can pick up TD04L's off of people who are upgrading their Subaru WRXs for real cheap. That is what I originally had for my M42 project. It is a decent size and has some flow room to make more than enough power for your stock bottom end.

Other good options are T25 and T28. The flanges for these turbos would be much easier to locate for a custom turbo setup. Then again you can pick up TD04L flanges for cheap from www.uniquemotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
            X