Help out a Vert Driver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help out a Vert Driver!

Hey, got an 87 vert. Where does the "cubby" that the shock mounts are housed go towards the front of the rear fender? Does it drop down somewhere? My shock bolt and metal cap that goes over the mount came off while I was driving and now it sounds like they are rattling somewhere on the drivers side (the side where they came off) behind me in the seat. Ideas on how I can retrieve the hardware and stop the rattling? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Rear shock mount issues? Look in the tonneau cover/cubby? There is to be a pug covering access to the RSMs.. once in that void, there is plenty of room for things to fall into. Maybe fish around with a magnet or a reach tool...

If you remove the rear interior panel/card, you may be able to pull speaker for better access into that void.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Pull out the lining from the forward bulkhead in the trunk. You will have access to the space where it probably dropped.

Comment

Help out a Vert Driver

If you hear rattling your Rear Shock Mount is probably bad and if real bad could pop the rubber boot.

Comment

I had to use a magnet.

RIP 02/25/15
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

Removed the back seat and used a flashlight with magnet combo to search the void for the parts. Lesson learned! There is a lot of places for stuff to get stuck back there

Comment

Working...
            X