Needs help, 86 325. Won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs help, 86 325. Won't start.

My 86 325 has been down for about three weeks now. I have no idea what to do or check for now. I checked spark, I have it. I checked fuel, I have it. I do have oil getting on the far right plug, but that's really the only thing abnormal I could find. When I turn the key it will turn over and even sound like it's firing once every blue moon, but it won't fully start.

I did not want to make a thread like this, but I have no idea where to go from here. Maybe I'm looking over something dumb, idk. But any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:hitler::-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Take the fuel hose leadin to the rail off. Crank the car. Got fuel spurtin? If yes,its probably either your ecu, injectors, or coil. I had a similar problem with my old e. Ended up being the coil, despite the fact that I had a spark. Long story short: dont trust the coil. Ever. Shit's evil, I swear. Although if you want to eliminate the coil, wires, n plugs, just shoot some startin fluid in. If it fires, then youre back to fuel/ecu/relays....

'90 325i

Comment

I forgot to mention it has an i swap, sorry bout that. I did that, it was a steady flow of fuel.

Comment

Oh and I checked spark at the plugs, I checked each one individually.

Comment

crankshaft position sensor.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
            crankshaft position sensor.
            Thank you sir!

I guess the next step for me will be figuring out what to do to test it!

Comment

in my experience the usual cause of failure is the wire being run wrong and the alternator belt eating it away. pull it out, if it's frayed you know it's bad for sure. go get one from the junk yard and see what happens.

Moral of this story?

Comment

in my experience the usual cause of failure is the wire being run wrong and the alternator belt eating it away. pull it out, if it's frayed you know it's bad for sure. go get one from the junk yard and see what happens.
                I will check that out first thing in the AM, I would check it out now, but the car is ~ 15 miles away :(

Once again thanks for the suggestion :up:

Comment

You sir are my best friend right now. I got here to the shop early looked at it and saw that the wire had been run down and severed. So I just tracked down a shop that had one in stock, as the junk yards around here are not the best people to deal with. Installed the new one and it runs perfectly.

Now I just need to replace the fan, one of the blades has broken off of mine.

:D:D:D:D:D:hitler::D:D:D:D:D

Comment

woo!

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                    X