No announcement yet.

Thinking of cancelling my S38 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharino keep the s38!!! I did my swap 16 years ago. I am still glad I did it. You have a lot r3v support. I did not have any advice or help my project.

If you have any questions? Let know.
    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

S38.
      sigpic
      1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
      1987 325ic Black Vert
      1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
      1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Well I ordered up the B35 cooling pieces today and the rad Fronton recommended. I will update how that goes but there is a 3 week approx delivery time to come in from the motherland.

In the meantime I will work on getting the shift linkage attached, the 265 mounts nicely using the bracketry from the E30 M3 so I am hoping it will not require to much modification.

I guess I will also start trying to fit the m5 brake booster, I guess my next step is to pull the plenum to check for clearance.

Thanks for the motivation, hopefully this gets moving along!
        www.eurowinnipeg.com
        www.E30S38.com
        E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Comment

Originally posted by Sharino View Post
          Well I ordered up the B35 cooling pieces today and the rad Fronton recommended. I will update how that goes but there is a 3 week approx delivery time to come in from the motherland.

In the meantime I will work on getting the shift linkage attached, the 265 mounts nicely using the bracketry from the E30 M3 so I am hoping it will not require to much modification.

I guess I will also start trying to fit the m5 brake booster, I guess my next step is to pull the plenum to check for clearance.

Feel free to start a build thread in the project forum, i know i would like to see the progress and am sure others would as well. It might help with motivation.

Post a link to it in this thread if you do.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

If anything I would like to swap it in my red e24 m6.

Comment

Originally posted by sharino View Post
              well i ordered up the b35 cooling pieces today and the rad fronton recommended. I will update how that goes but there is a 3 week approx delivery time to come in from the motherland.

In the meantime i will work on getting the shift linkage attached, the 265 mounts nicely using the bracketry from the e30 m3 so i am hoping it will not require to much modification.

I guess i will also start trying to fit the m5 brake booster, i guess my next step is to pull the plenum to check for clearance.

yes!

Comment

fronton, will you post pictures of how that griffin radiator fits?

Comment

Come on down and take a ride in mine and that will give you some motivation...

As for the cooling system, I kept the original and just had a custom radiator made. Had to move the engine back an 1" or so and modify the drive shaft..

using the 300mm de mounts, I have no problems with hood closures

I have a custom airbox fitted (castros motorsports)

using stock headers w/o modification..
                  "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Originally posted by ja burna View Post
                    Come on down and take a ride in mine and that will give you some motivation...

As for the cooling system, I kept the original and just had a custom radiator made. Had to move the engine back an 1" or so and modify the drive shaft..

using the 300mm de mounts, I have no problems with hood closures

I have a custom airbox fitted (castros motorsports)

using stock headers w/o modification..
                    Do you have pics of your engine bay?
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Bit of progress to report. Still waiting for my order of new oem parts waterpump, coolant pipes by the exhaust, thermostat housing, etc. I have been waiting for it 4 weeks with another 2-3 to go as I hear Germany is out of stock of the housings, hopefully they arrive soon.

I got the SummitRacing radiator mentioned in the other page. Welded some brackets behind the front valance but in front of the rad support and it fits nicely. I will get some pictures up soon.

Question about the brakes though. I fit the M5 booster in with a little grinding on the plenum, seems to fit well. I went to install the M5 master and realized it only has 2 connections for brake lines. My car has 3 as it does not have ABS. The original E30 master will not fit as the 2 bolt holes to attach to the booster are horizontal when on the M5 booster they are diagonal. Does anybody know of a master that has the diagonal 2 bolts ( I know ix has the same setup) but has 3 connections for brake lines? Or can I just tee two brake lines together then make a hard line to the master?

Installed a clean 3.46 LSD diff in the back, not sure what you guys run that have done this swap but I think that will be a good ratio. I have a 3.73 and a 3.25 also if I want to go higher or lower.

This weekend I am going to take some measurements for the driveshaft and try to figure out the shifter linkage.
                      Last edited by Sharino; 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM.
                      www.eurowinnipeg.com
                      www.E30S38.com

Comment

I would tee the lines.
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

You have all the hard stuff done, why stop now?
                          sigpic
                          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Figured out the driveshaft. I test fitted a few things. With the 265 trans and where my engine sits, I can fit the following combination perfect without cutting. Its the original rear section from the E30 and the front section is from a E28 533i 5spd. Fits the flange perfect and length is bang on.
                            Ordered some custom fittings and lines to make my own oil lines, as well as an ebay universal oil cooler that will sit in the front.
                            Tires finally arrived for my RS wheels. Getting close to driving it soon hopefully. Just need my thermostat to arrive from Germany one of these days!
                            Shifter and brakes still a work in progress.
                            www.eurowinnipeg.com
                            www.E30S38.com

Comment

Awesome! Would love to see some pics if you can.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Over here, a lot of guys fit this brake servo as it's smaller.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                                If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Working...
                                X