Timing problem/no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing problem/no start

Hey guys got an 87 325i vert that won't start back up! I can get it started by bump starting or using starting fluid but it will die if not gassed up. No idle, backfires occasionally when trying to start it, laggy when gassed after car is running, WOT it hesitates, but it hesitates if u gas it in any position/speed. TPS just got adjusted, I think it's good, u hear a click when I leave idle or closed, then another click before WOT. I am getting spark, injectors ARE priming. I think some kind of timing between fuel and spark is off, I thought of the crank pos. Sensor, but I read if you have spark and fuel it's working. Can you adjust spark timing with the dist. Cap? The weird thing is the car worked fine then the next day started doing this (making me think it's a bad sensor not something slipping/being outta time). Just did a head swap so the Crank/Cam timing are good! Any help is appreciated guys! There is a lot to read on this kind of problem but nothing I have looked up has worked! Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Brad

1987 BMW 325iC, Sport Package seats, steering wheel, and Lsd

I know this is an absurdly overposted topic but I really have read and tried as much as I can! Any help is appreciated, also smell of gas is real strong, as if the car is lacking spark at the right time

1987 BMW 325iC, Sport Package seats, steering wheel, and Lsd

Comment

Working...
    X