No announcement yet.

got a new toy in the mail today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its probably because you had to unplug your ECU and that dumped all your ECU's memory.
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegle
      As for deflection, the M20 doesn't have a variable TPS (as i understand it). It uses a switch (which is either idle or WOT).
      Doesn't the M20 TPS have 3 positions, idle, part throttle and WOT ?

Doesn't really matter, installing a fully variable TPS would be alot better, just wondering.

Comment

So how is everyone going to install a Variable TPS? Im planning on using a Honda TPS from a 3rd Gen Integra. Ive yet to ponder how I will go about retrofitting this TPS. Anyone install one yet from any manufacturer? IF so how did you do it and did you remove the stock TPS switch?. Im planning on keeping the stock switch and adding on a variable one.
        Any Ideas?

Comment

What we did on the M20B25 turbo

Used a E36 tps, it´s center fits on the throttle bodies moving part,
          I had to build a new TPS holder for th ee36 one,
          We then faked a idle signal and that was it,

But the throttle body pin that connects to the tps´s is very long, and if one would try I think by making a hole trough the e36 tps you can slide that all the way to the throttle body and still use the E30 one on top :) that will create correct signals for ecu and smt6

This is what we are contemplating on stefáns car right now,
          Otherwise you will have to create the idle and WOT signals from else where, the gas pedal can be used in that area, for instance, when you give it WOT you can have a solenoid switch activate the WOT circuit ( ground connection on one of the e30 tps wires)
          and at no throttle you can have another switch give another ground signal to the idle circuit of the e30 tps wires, when you are not at idle or wot, there is no signal to the ecu, it knows there is no idle and wot so it has to be in the middle somwhere,

One can not substitute a e36 tps for the e30 one to the ecu as it dosn´t understand the variable tps
          Gunni
          @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

i just bought a mustang tps for like $15 on ebay, couldn't find an e36 one on there...
            Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
            '99 M3 / Track Car
            '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
            '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Working...
            X