m20 runs then dies out coming to a stop`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 runs then dies out coming to a stop`

So i have a m20b25 from a 89 325is in my 69 2002, It starts up fine and idles fine, drives fine but when im coming to a stop in neutral or coasting in neutral the car dies out. I get a code for a AFM using my Peake tool but it seems to idle fine and if I disconnect the AFM the car dies and shuts off. I had gotten a vehicle speed sensor code once but hasn't come back, I think the plug might have come partially unplugged. The motor was rebuilt last year and turboed but now is N/A due to trying to get it to run correctly, it has .50 pistons a Shrick 272 cam and some other things but that shouldnt affect it I wouldnt think because it runs fine otherwise.
    I believe I have the correct injectors in the car as well.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by wobbie; 08-28-2014, 04:49 AM.

first off, gorgeous car. Odd issue, first thing I would do is t-off a line long enough to get to the drivers seat. Run a fuel pressure gauge and look at it when driving. See if the pressures dip down.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Wobbie sweet 02 , I have a 72 with an m20 in it but all stock, clean and lube your iac don't know if that would help but I had the same issue with mine and I did that exact thing it doesn't turn off but I can see my tach and feel the engine kinda go below the desired rpm at idle and jumps right back to where it needs to be and stays there it's just a quick drop as soon as I get off the throttle .. Also a question for you how are you checking your codes I know about the stomp test but I can't do that , I don't even know if I have a check engine light on

Comment

Originally posted by Tonybeemer View Post
        Wobbie sweet 02 , I have a 72 with an m20 in it but all stock, clean and lube your iac don't know if that would help but I had the same issue with mine and I did that exact thing it doesn't turn off but I can see my tach and feel the engine kinda go below the desired rpm at idle and jumps right back to where it needs to be and stays there it's just a quick drop as soon as I get off the throttle .. Also a question for you how are you checking your codes I know about the stomp test but I can't do that , I don't even know if I have a check engine light on
        I was gonna ask if you had a code for a Afm but I guess you wouldn't know, I have a peake scan tool. Plugs into the pin connector on the engine harness. I tried cleaning out the iac with brake clean didn't help

Comment

Working...
        X