Targa Rally NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targa Rally NZ

I went to the scrutineering for the Targa Rally NZ today (http://www.targa.co.nz), which is a tarmac rally on closed roads, a bit like Targa Tasmanina and Targa Florio, anyway, there were some awesome BMW's there, so I thought i'd share with you chaps!

WOW thats soo cool. I just saw a targa on speed its looks like such a fun event to watch. Great pictures as well. ;)

Did you take any of some other makes?

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Watched it on TV here ... actually taped it too..thats no easy rally lots of crashes :shock: Definitely put me into thinking how long it actually takes to be a pro. rally driver....some of those turns were simply impossible to swing around..understeer seemed to have gotten the best of lotsa people in turns :?

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine
        Watched it on TV here ... actually taped it too..thats no easy rally lots of crashes :shock: Definitely put me into thinking how long it actually takes to be a pro. rally driver....some of those turns were simply impossible to swing around..understeer seemed to have gotten the best of lotsa people in turns :?
        That was actually 2002's that they showed this weekend, no idea whent they'll televise 2003's.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Wow, those cars look awesome! Thanks for the pics Sam!!! I would love to get my hands on some of the tires I saw! And the brakes on one of those E30's :shock: Sweeeeeet 8) Again thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

Thoes spoilers are huge :shock:
            How did they do in the races?

Comment

The first day was today, and they just had a town cruise and a couple of laps of Pukekohe raceway, but tomorrow they head out into the country for some serious racing. I'll give you a report when the even finishes next Saturday.

Comment

good work sam...love the AP floor mounts and the bias adj on the last e30 M3!!!
                sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

You and me both Jake! I had a sit in that car, and the pedals were about as perfect as they get. Simply an amazingly prepared car.

Comment

Yea i took plenty of pics of other makes Greasemonkey, but i could only talk my hosting bitch into hosting the Bimmers for me!

Suffice to say there was an amazing smattering of Lancia Integrale's, Peugeot Group B weapons, Porsche's of all varieties, Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Several Mercedes, and a collection of Ford's and Holdens. Lots of Jappa 4WD turbos too.

Comment

Originally posted by CiLK WuRM
                      Yea i took plenty of pics of other makes Greasemonkey, but i could only talk my hosting bitch into hosting the Bimmers for me!

Suffice to say there was an amazing smattering of Lancia Integrale's, Peugeot Group B weapons, Porsche's of all varieties, Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Several Mercedes, and a collection of Ford's and Holdens. Lots of Jappa 4WD turbos too.
                      hah you bastard.. I'll host some more if you want. We have a lot more disk space now.

Comment

Working...
                      X