FS: 1989 BMW 325is. White/Black, low miles, MINT condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 BMW 325is. White/Black, low miles, MINT condition

Ok, let me start by saying that this has been one of my favorite vehicles I have owned (right behind the m3). I have not had any problems with this car, and this car is one of a kind. Out of all of the little things that goo wrong on all E30’s this one either never had the problem, or it was taken care of right away.

Now when I say I hate selling this car, you don’t understand how much I really do. I have debated on selling the M3 and keeping this car, which is still crossing my mind! The goal for me is to turbo charge the m3 and I don’t have nearly enough funds right now, so some toys have to go.

Little history. My brother was in the market for an E30 a while ago. We found this beauty on autotrader. The ad was really short and we had no idea what we would come across. We packed some stuff and headed out to St. Louis to find a MITICULOUSLY maintained, never driven in the winter, never abused, owned by an older enthusiast, completely stock, in mint condition E30. My brother bought it on the spot. Now when my brother had this car for a couple of years, he put about 2k miles on it, and then he got an itch for an e30 m3 so he asked me if I wouldn’t mind selling his e30. Right before I listed it for sale, I took it for a drive to BMW to have them perform an inspection on it (came out great by the way), and on the drive there, I fell in love with it and bought it from him the same day.

I have put about 3-4k on the car now as my daily driver. My daily driver before this car was a busted up e30 which was perfect for that, and I very soon realized that this car is not to be daily driven. I parked it just like I park the m3 (away from everything) and didn’t want more then a couple people in it, no food…etc. I realized that’s not what a daily driver is all about. So now I am rolling in an e30 again that I picked up for $400 and it’s time for this car to go to new home.

I never bothered transferring the title over to my name, so it’s still in my brother’s name.

Info on the car

1989 BMW 325is

- Five speed manual
    - Alpine white exterior
    - Black leather interior
    - 120,XXX miles (currently sitting in a garage)
    - VIN: WBAAA1308K4142852

Maintenance:

I have a packet that the previous owner had given to my brother that is filled with a ton of receipts from BMW dating from like 100 miles on the car all the way beyond warranty to like 112,000 miles. This guy practically had EVERYTHING done at BMW. I added the receipts AFTER warranty and it was well over $10k in maintenance work. He also has a few here and there for like tires and alignments.

- Timing belt was done at 90k miles so it’s still very fresh
    - AC parts have been replaced and system recharged at 112,000 miles so the AC blows nice and cold (I never used it but it works)
    - Wheels bearings, all suspensions bushings, tie rods, control arms, everything has been done on this car at one point or another.

Some of the work I have done on the car literally right before I parked the car in the garage (10 miles ago)

- New brake pads all the way around
    - New thermostat
    - Coolant flush (BMW coolant)
    - Fresh oil change with Mobil one 5w30 full synthetic and BMW filter
    - Emissions test which the car passed no problem

Less then 1500 miles ago

- New BMW battery
    - Transmission flush with Redline fluid
    - Differential flush with Redline fluid

The only bad, when I was doing the oil change, I noticed the power steering fluid has developed a slight leak. Probably just need to replace the lines.

Condition:

- The exterior of this car is practically flawless with the exception of a few paint chips in the usual spots and maybe one or two tiny dings that can be easily removed. It really shows that this car has never seen a winter, not a spec of rust anywhere on this car.

- Interior is also in great condition with less then normal wear on the seats. No cracks in the dash which is pretty common. Shift knob has a little wear on it.

Modifications:

All modifications have been purchased by my brother (around $4k for all), but I installed them like right before I purchased the car. So everything has just about 4,000 miles on it.

- Ground control coilovers with height and stiffness adjustability. I am almost positive the spring rates are f450, r600
    - Ground control camber plates
    - Stromung cat-back exhaust system
    - Turner motorsport chip
    - BMP cold air intake with custom heat shield
    - Understeer short shift kit
    - Reiger front lip spoiler
    - M-tech I rear trunk spoiler
    - Chrome gauge rings
    - Trunk badge delete

I also want to add that I have all the stock parts besides the exhaust system. Buyer can take all of the stock stuff and turn the car back to stock if desired. Or you can leave it with me as a memory of this car.

Asking price: $8,900...NEW price $8,500

I know the price may seem a bit high, but clean E30’s are becoming rare and this is one of the cleanest examples I have had a chance to come by. You really have to see this car in person and drive it to really appreciate it.

I have the carfax for this car, if you would like to see it, let me know your email and I will send it your way.

Best way to contact me is probably by email, acegronski@comcast.net

Now on to the pictures.

Little photo shoot I had with my brothers 1988 M3. This is what he upgraded to when he sold me the E30.

Some interior shots

Interior shots, the pictures don’t do the seats any justice. They look much better in person.

I took the car for a little photo shoot in my brother’s back yard. I think the pictures came out pretty good.

Last edited by 325is_MadBimmer; 10-02-2006, 10:55 AM.
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

Maintenance records. Check out the, original spare keys, original key tag, original sales receipt, and original window sticker. Wow this previous owner must have been ALMOST as anal as I am

Thank you so much for looking
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

that thing is amazing, good luck with sale!

Comment

Put that thing in a fucking museum. The trunk is mint. That is uber rare. Good luck with the sale of your new e30........;)
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Here is the carfax to help out. I know you have it also so if you want me to take it off let me know.

06/14/1989 121 Missouri
          Motor Vehicle Dept.
          Saint Louis, MO
          Title #UE366440 Title issued or updated
          First owner reported
          Loan or lien reported 01/06/2000 46,981 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Lubed oil and filter changed 05/15/2000 51,592 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Brakes serviced
          Engine serviced
          Lubed oil and filter changed
          State inspection completed 05/21/2001 66,920 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Brakes serviced
          State inspection completed 02/15/2002 78,149 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Cooling system serviced
          Lubed oil and filter changed 05/09/2002 81,404 Service Facility Vehicle serviced 08/02/2002 86,003 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Brakes serviced
          Lubed oil and filter changed
          Engine serviced 09/13/2002 88,056 Service Facility Vehicle serviced 03/06/2003 94,267 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Engine serviced 05/08/2003 96,610 Service Facility Vehicle serviced 05/22/2003 Missouri
          Motor Vehicle Dept.
          Chesterfield, MO
          Title #UE366440 Title or registration issued
          Loan or lien reported 06/20/2003 98,364 Service Facility Vehicle serviced 05/20/2004 111,814 Service Facility Vehicle serviced
          Air conditioning serviced
          Engine serviced
          Lubed oil and filter changed 06/30/2004 Illinois
          Motor Vehicle Dept.
          Midlothian, IL
          Title #T4182624534 Title issued or updated
          New owner reported
          Exempt from odometer reporting
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Ladies, THIS is how you go about selling a car online.

Comment

Originally posted by 96 Cosmos View Post
              Ladies, THIS is how you go about selling a car online.

Comment

...so many AWESOME e30ies on sale... I wish i wouldn't be a student, but have a 200k job and could buy any of these..... GL on sale... CLEAN car!
                sigpic

Comment

thanks for the carfax and the compliments guys
                  Luke
                  98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

damn. pristine
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

you up for trades? 98 ti same condition as urs, all records and keys and such.

Comment

i guess i could entertain some trades, but i am not looking for a e36. maybe a e30 touring or something unique would spark my interest :D

sell your car quick and hit me up!
                        Luke
                        98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

forgot to post a engine shot

Luke
                          98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

that engine bay doesn't belong with that car.... :( that is one helluva clean e30 though...wish mine had as much interest/compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming_bmwe30 View Post
                              that engine bay doesn't belong with that car.... :( that is one helluva clean e30 though...wish mine had as much interest/compliments.
                              just needs a good detail. maybe a repaint of the valve cover
                              Luke
                              98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Working...
                              X