No announcement yet.

I'm driving a 4,500 mile route from Washington to Washington for the E30 Picnic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brodeo crew will be in NC near the Dragon at the beginning of June. If you're planning on doing this trip over a few weeks, the timing will be just right.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      The Brodeo crew will be in NC near the Dragon at the beginning of June. If you're planning on doing this trip over a few weeks, the timing will be just right.
      Dang, I'm planning on starting June 13, so just going to miss you guys by a week.
      GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder available now at http://gearswitch.us

Comment

PM when you come thru, its in my backyard and we are up there all the time. And BAM the 13th is the weekend of the SCCA "dragon Hillclimb", we should have our Bud Rocco on course in his E30.

Comment

This is so cool, I love roadtrips! Keep us posted :)

Comment

You could stop in Las Cruces. I don't know why you would but, i'll be around.

Comment

Take 101 and 1 up the coast. Stay far, far away from I5. Of which, you really need to take 1 and 101 SOUTH to get full enjoyment.
              Honestly, I'd head north into NY, go into canada and hop 17, come back across the border through Sault St. Marie, and head on US2 the whoollle way over there from SSM, then take your route back home after picnic. WAY more scenic, and a vastly more enjoyable drive.

I'll just state this now too. Stay away from interstates period. They are the bain of road trip existence, except in the case of GET THERE NOW, or in texas's case 90+mph to get across the damn state.

Wish I would've noticed this when you first posted it, buuuuttt I was too busy driving across the country. :p
              Last edited by TurboJake; 05-12-2015, 08:21 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                Can we get a roll call of people going up from SoCal/NorCal? Socal guys should hit the Bay Area and meet up with NorCal peeps on the way up.
                Originally posted by MacBudd541 View Post
                You could go the south route then caravan up with the Cali crew, looks like there is quite a few of them coming this year.
                If you come through CA I will make sure to meet up with you and hopefully we (the CA guys driving up) can organize so that we have a legit caravan up to the picnic.

Im still not 100% sure where Im leaving from, but best bet is to let the NorCal folks know when you plan on passing through and we can plan around that. I am either heading up Friday or Saturday, but if I leave Saturday its the "get there as quickly as possible route" ie: I5. I wouldnt mind taking 101 all the way up to the stoner area and then crossing over to I5
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  If you come through CA I will make sure to meet up with you and hopefully we (the CA guys driving up) can organize so that we have a legit caravan up to the picnic.

Im still not 100% sure where Im leaving from, but best bet is to let the NorCal folks know when you plan on passing through and we can plan around that. I am either heading up Friday or Saturday, but if I leave Saturday its the "get there as quickly as possible route" ie: I5. I wouldnt mind taking 101 all the way up to the stoner area and then crossing over to I5

I'm heading up early Saturday morning. Taking the fastest route. If you're going Saturday lemme know cause most people will probably go Friday

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                    I'm heading up early Saturday morning. Taking the fastest route. If you're going Saturday lemme know cause most people will probably go Friday
                    I mite be up for this schedule as well, starting a new job, only have weekend off.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bikerjim2000 View Post
                      PM when you come thru, its in my backyard and we are up there all the time. And BAM the 13th is the weekend of the SCCA "dragon Hillclimb", we should have our Bud Rocco on course in his E30.
                      Awesome! Let me see if I can move the schedule up to see the hillclimb and then head out the following morning.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      This is so cool, I love roadtrips! Keep us posted :)
                      Will do! I think I will make a blog about this on my website, as well.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      You could stop in Las Cruces. I don't know why you would but, i'll be around.
                      It's on the long haul from Austin to Phoenix, so it could be a good stop for late lunch or dinner. Thanks for getting in touch, will let you know!

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                      Take 101 and 1 up the coast. Stay far, far away from I5. Of which, you really need to take 1 and 101 SOUTH to get full enjoyment.
                      Honestly, I'd head north into NY, go into canada and hop 17, come back across the border through Sault St. Marie, and head on US2 the whoollle way over there from SSM, then take your route back home after picnic. WAY more scenic, and a vastly more enjoyable drive.

I'll just state this now too. Stay away from interstates period. They are the bain of road trip existence, except in the case of GET THERE NOW, or in texas's case 90+mph to get across the damn state.

Wish I would've noticed this when you first posted it, buuuuttt I was too busy driving across the country. :p
                      I totally agree on 1 and 101 south. Right next to the water. :) Did that drive before and it's awesome. The Detroit-Canada-NY route might be good for the route back. I went to undergrad in Ithaca, so it would be cool to add that stop.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      I mite be up for this schedule as well, starting a new job, only have weekend off.
                      I'm thinking right now (not shown on the map) to go from SF area then visit CATuned in Sacramento, then over to the Oregon dunes to play around there for a day, then drive up 101, stop to check out the Spruce Goose, then Portland for the night. Then coordinate to join the any California caravan heading from there at the same time.

Anyone want to join me for some ATVs, curvey coastal roads, big ass wooden airplanes, and bacon everything in Portland, let me know. To make the timing work, would have to leave Sacramento on Tue, Wed or Thur before the picnic.

Comment

So far, so good. Tiring but fun!

DC
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434987332.154834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	7177384

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434987359.018648.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	7177385

Tail of the Dragon

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434987415.526883.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	7177387

Atlanta

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434987546.529352.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	7177389

New Orleans French Quarter

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434987468.464766.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	7177388

Rolling out of Austin today to San Antonio and then the long haul to Tempe.

Comment

Epic road trip to an Epic event. A special place on the lawn at the E30 Picnic is waiting for you on Sunday!
                          Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                          www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Do we know the longest distance traveled to the picnic?

Comment

Well there's real roadtrip mileage, and MapQuest mileage. When we had people from Chicago and Austin TX both make it out in the same year, I went to MapQuest for the winner. Chicago beat out Austin by 100 MapQuest miles.

Of course, when we first started the coveted Furthest Traveled Award in Year 2 of the Picnic, someone from Southern Oregon was winning. Then we were jazzed on about Year 5 when someone from California decided to make the trek North to the Picnic. So a real tip of the hat all the people trekking from outside the Pacific Northwest. And big tip to our East Coast trekkers!
                              Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                              www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Just left Austin and in San Antonio now. My dad was in the Air Force here when I was a kid and visiting here brought back a lot of memories. More to come.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435012773.389707.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	7177397

Comment

Working...
                                X