Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Are you on stock suspension?

you can remove spring caps in the rear to drop it down a tab, but I would look at getting a Bilstein / H&R Race spring combo... theres two sets for sale locally for ~$400
    Morning brotha. yeah i saw that. Very tempting, but i need to get some wheels first. These bottle caps are killing me lol

Comment

Clean start tonytones! Basketweaves from the bottle caps were also one of my first changes lol

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
      Arent the shocks pretty useless? It looks like my valance is bent up and small crack in chrome bumper already. Old man i got the car from prob. ran in into his garage lol
      I would say no, my god-brothers parked Eta met an older Toyota(?) trucks front bumper to his rear at about 7-8mph. Both stepped out and observed the cars and there was ZERO visible damage to his bumper or anything in the vicinity of.
      Transaction Feedback
      Various E30 Parts for Sale!
      Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
      -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
      -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

Here it is she got some new wheels on it.

on 205/60/14 man these were hard to track down even with all the local tires shops in Los angeles.

Next is better front valance and front lip. / new stereo set up / vac lines all sorted out (replacing cracked and hardened hoses) / Trim Restoration

My daily is making some moves
        Last edited by tonytones; 08-13-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

nice!! looks a lot like mine.

keep up the good work.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Los Angeles Summers
            right after a wash.

picked up an alpine white IS rear spoiler for $50 on offer up today. Gotta add that to my To DO list.

replacement valance came in and picked up Front lip spoiler as well.

Cant wait to see it all come together.

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
              nice!! looks a lot like mine.

keep up the good work.
              when are you set to stop in Los Angeles? we should at least do a UK and US side by side photo! haha

Comment

I am in/around LA for the week of 19th September - 26th September :)

I am down for that, believe we are doing a couple meets that week, going to Big Boy on 19th and I think a couple days later there is a Krispy Kreme meet on.... idk.

I heard big boy meets have gone downhill the past couple years but regardless I am going for the food! if some cool cars turn up that's just a bonus! also the Krispy Kreme meets get kinda rowdy it seems but still, I am mainly going for the donuts!

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

quick snapshot and status update from my car

Last and this month i have

-SSSQUID RACING CHIP upgrade (89 octane level .5)
                  - New front Valance & front spoiler (front spoiler install was harder than expected due to particular parts
                  - Shifter bushings
                  - replaced TB hose to gasket
                  - wash / wax / polish

Here is a updated photo. infront of my home skyline

Comment

LA represent
                    sigpic

Comment

Great looking car. I really like what you've done with it so far!

Comment

Be patient

I own an 88, have had it for just under a year so far. When I first bought it, I was telling everyone, "yeah, this is the crossover year - supposed to be pretty easy to get the plastic bumpers on here so I'll do it ASAP."

Needless to say, I didn't get around to it.

Now I like the diving boards.

So... you may surprise yourself. After a while, they grew on me to the point where I have no desire to tuck them/swap to plastic bumpers.

I'd recommend doing all the other exterior/ride-height stuff you've talked about first, THEN wait a couple more months, THEN make a decision regarding the bumpers. Just my $0.02!

Cheers, and congrats on the great daily and everything you've done already.

Comment

Originally posted by keillor View Post
                          After a while, they grew on me to the point where I have no desire to tuck them/swap to plastic bumpers.

I'd recommend doing all the other exterior/ride-height stuff you've talked about first, THEN wait a couple more months, THEN make a decision regarding the bumpers. Just my $0.02!
                          Sound advice.

My advice to folks who are thinking about tucking their diving boards is if that's the look you want, you should have bought a late model. I mean come on... "Make diving boards great again" is in the thread title.

Car is looking good so far!
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nice work!

I always liked my diving boards especially after painting them.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Nice find... one day you can graduate to euro bumpers :)

Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Yup i dont plan on tucking in my boards for a VERY long time. Im super pleased on how my car is right now.

I did get a hold of IS rear spoiler for $50 so i might drill that on soon though we'll see

heres some photos from my saturday morning cruise around PCH with my wife.

what is the symbol for nitrate

Comment

Working...
                                X