No announcement yet.

Subaru Hubs = E30 hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for results! I would love to rock some old school SSR or something Jap as fuck. Only issue would be finding a front bearing that would match the rear pattern.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I want some macho sauce! Sounds good.

OP, which E30 hub are comparing to the subaru hub? The only 57.1 dimension on the rear hub (which is splined like you mention) is wheel locating diameter. The ID is splined and the OD is like 42mm.

The front hub has no splines and i cant recall the ID that the bearing fits into cause you pretty much have to buy the hub and bearings together complete.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        5x114.3 is going to be a problem unless you like JDM wheels.
        5x114.3 is the same as 5x4.5". American car size.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Any news on this? If the SVX hub fits, the the cheaper option would be to use an earlier model hub from an XT6. The XT6 is the prequel to the SVX and share the same suspension components like hubs, struts, springs, axles. I sure if this does in fact fit, the XT6 would be a cheaper option.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

OP, which E30 hub are comparing to the subaru hub? The only 57.1 dimension on the rear hub (which is splined like you mention) is wheel locating diameter. The ID is splined and the OD is like 42mm.

The front hub has no splines and i cant recall the ID that the bearing fits into cause you pretty much have to buy the hub and bearings together complete.
            Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
            Any news on this? If the SVX hub fits, the the cheaper option would be to use an earlier model hub from an XT6. The XT6 is the prequel to the SVX and share the same suspension components like hubs, struts, springs, axles. I sure if this does in fact fit, the XT6 would be a cheaper option.
            I was referring to the rear hub if i managed to get it to work I'd move on to the front. The ID of the svx and e30 both share 42.

The OD of the bearing On the other hand is 75(e30), 72(svx). So the bearing Ultimately wouldn't fit.

I'm not stopping though. I'll digg around some more and see if there's a match!
            Last edited by Crodell6; 09-08-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Once i get the hub and a new e30 bearing here then I'll look over the depth of each hub and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                PM Blunt.

Originally posted by P.Kelly View Post
                Or, since s/he has 3 posts and no track record, s/he could actually have been serious and enthusiastic.
                Is this you?

For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Still waiting for the hubs...
                  Called in to a dismantler in New York on Thursday. Said they would call when the part was pulled, no call back yet.

Comment

i wonder if the fronts would work on an ix?

Comment

no call back yet.
                      man, he left you hangin'....

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                      X