Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my spal fan and new condenser in, everything back together now. Took me 3 days.....

My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

So after taking a month to do my water pump and timing belt + taking the hood off for paint, new hydraulic hood pro +many other side projects in the way. I now cant get the car to turn over, battery is toast, ordered new relays and a CPS. But today i get to buy new sport seats :D
      85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

put in a new brake switch because it broke the stock one doing pedal bushings.

new one is alittle longer and does not have a cuchunk when depressed i'm thinking
        it has a different type of switch like a tps.

Comment

Replaced this weatherstrip today with a used one from picknpull. Oddly the replacement was in pretty good shape off a 1990. Mine is a 1993.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Installed rebuilt injectors from CA Tuned on my 92 cabrio today! I got a lot of help from two friends which made the job a lot faster and easier. Learnings:
              1. No need to remove valve cover or intake manifold but the intake manifold brace must come off
              2. Car sat for a week, hardly any fuel spilled. Still, it was good to have a fire extinguisher ready.
              3. Electrical connectors popped off easily, no need to remove the electrical conduit, just push it out of the way
              4. Steel retainer clips came off with a hook tool. Keep a magnetic probe handy to catch them.
              5. Clean out the holes with carb cleaner and compressed air. Mine were filthy with grit and oil.
              6. New injectors don’t have to go in tightly, they feel wobbly even when fully inserted
              7. Use a magnetic probe to hold, align, and push on the steel retaining clips
              8. Don't forget to reinstall the intake manifold brace or you’ll have a vacuum leak. Ask me how I know...
              9. My car ran like crap and had a miss after we were done, but a short drive with heavy acceleration cleared it all up. Don’t be afraid to drive it if it runs roughly at first.
              10. I would rate this job as tricky but not difficult. Tools required included 8mm and 10mm sockets, hook tool, large screwdriver for prying off the electrical and fuel bars. Carb cleaner and compressed air were also needed.
              Many thanks to my friends Johnny and Sean for their help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144514.jpg Views:	24 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	9874200
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144513.jpg Views:	23 Size:	76.4 KB ID:	9874199
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144512.jpg Views:	27 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	9874198
              Last edited by jgilber0; 09-30-2019, 05:39 AM.
              Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
              1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
              Palm Beach County

Comment

What in the world is that first pic supposed to actually illustrate?

Comment

• jgilber0
                  jgilber0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s from the cross-section illustration in the Bentley manual that shows how the fuel injection system works. Somewhat of a schematic. It’s on page 20 in the fuel section.

Yer i dunno either. With that distributor location what engine is? my m20b23 is like that but you guys dont have m20b23. unless its an early m20b27 maybe they had the dizzies down there too? but then he said its a 1992...which would be late model.....

While doing some painting at home and was washing the wall in prep, turned around and while the wall was drying gave the car a quick wash.....

Soon there will be e30 upgrades, soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e30washed.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	9874310

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                  Yer i dunno either. With that distributor location what engine is? my m20b23 is like that but you guys dont have m20b23. unless its an early m20b27 maybe they had the dizzies down there too? but then he said its a 1992...which would be late model.....

While doing some painting at home and was washing the wall in prep, turned around and while the wall was drying gave the car a quick wash.....
                  Looking good!

Here’s the whole Bentley diagram:. Sorry to confuse everyone, I was just trying to illustrate a fuel injector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7996A96F-E79B-4973-B45F-7BA06D754F21.jpeg
Views:	635
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	9874412

Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                  1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                  Palm Beach County

Comment

Comment

aw yeah bud
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Installed my Alpina vent gauge. However, not an original one. This is a reproduction from a guy on Instagram. (JR_Parts_France)
                        Wiring loom, sensors and a manual as well all included. Very happy with my purchase!

1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

^ sweet. link to where u bought it?

Comment

I pushed my perfectly operational E30 out of the garage, and then back in a few hours later. Sigh.

Comment

this thread got me motivated.
                              put in fuel filter and 1500cc injectors. ;)

btw u guys need to use 6an and don't want to replace the stock line this is 5/16 to 6an pipe connectors. they're pretty rad.
                              5/16 to 6an by jet jones, on Flickr
                              There she be by jet jones, on Flickr
                              1500 vs 800 by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X