My little Alpine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little Alpine

Never thought I would own a white e30 but I picked up this 1988 Alpineweiss II 325is with 95,000 miles on it on my birthday five months ago and have been working on it ever since. I had the car on jack stands just a week after I brought it home and finally put it on the ground last week. Figured I would post up some pictures now that the car is finally becoming less of a project and more of a driver.

The ride height still needs some tweaking as well as a few odds and ends but it’s pretty much ready for the road.

Nice find! The '88s look great with the lower valences and metal bumpers. Probably my favorite year e30.

What suspension are you running?

Comment

Looks great! Nice find + loving that interior as well
      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

sweet find! fix that dingle-berry front bumper asap.

Comment

Thanks guys.

The suspension is a mix of KYB MR2 rear struts, camero shocks, American racing 350lb front springs, 550lb rear hypercoil springs, and off brand adjusters. All new bushings in the front along with new control arms, strut mounts m, rear shock mounts and 21mm front sway.

Comment

My little Alpine

Repost. I’ll ad some build pics for attention. Front subframe was reinforced and powder coated and a refurbished e46 330i purple tag rack was installed as well.

Can never get enough of this interior. And yes, 5 speed swap will come sooner than later. I’ve got everything but a trans.

Last edited by mbonanni; 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

red interior on a BMW is basically a must. It's a really nice car, but I'm not wrong about that front bumper. It most certainly shouldn't be slanting downward like that. Looks like you're on it like Blue Bonnet though!

Comment

I don’t know how I missed your post, but yeah the bumper is definitely slanted down a little bit. I’ve seen it happen on a lot of early models, and after doing a quick search it doesn’t seem like anyone has found a solution. I’ll take a look at it this week.

Comment

This looks super clean, and i love the interior.

please keep the Diving boards and not do euro bumpers.

when i got my car it came with a ton of spare parts, and i believe an additional set of DB bumpers and maybe shocks or whatever. so if you have damaged parts i may have it. I can see it says your in Sactown, i presume that's Sacramento? if so my spare parts are sitting on a farm in Vacaville not far from Sac. so if you need them they are yours free of charge.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Loving this one inside and out.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Thanks Ben, the bumpers are definitely staying. Late model valence and diving boards is my favorite combo. I do live in Sacramento, but my parents live in Vacaville so I am there all the time. I may have to take you up on those parts, especially the db’s because these ones are beat and need a lot of cleaning and buffing. Theyre beat to say the least. I’ll shoot you a PM in a bit to work something out.

Thanks Sina [emoji1591] You still in the bay? I’ve been meaning to make my way out there, so when I do hopefully we can meet up.

Comment

Is that interior from the guy who posts on CL all the time?
                        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

These are not the ones off craigslist, those are a bit out of my price range. I bought the seat covers from Lseat and did the install myself. They’re priced right around $330 shipped for just the front seat kit. I have yet to do the rear as the foam on my rear seat is splitting and I need to find a new one.

Comment

Beautiful collection guys, enjoy your ride safely.

Comment

Sweet ride! Is there anyway to align that front bumper?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X