No announcement yet.

Ditching The Center Console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like my center console, but I think this would look really good in the right car, and done right.

What I want to get is a non-power window center console, and relocate my window switches to a hidden spot I have picked out. Then I've kicked around the idea of not having a leather shift boot, but one like the one shown above, and something done around the edges of the opening for the shift boot to clean it up, like a CF trim ring or something.

Comment

So what are you going to do about the cut carpet under the center console?

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
        So what are you going to do about the cut carpet under the center console?
        Are you talking to me? I have no idea, like I said before, it was just an idea I was kicking around. I'm sure I'd could probably figure it out.

Comment

Yeah I was just thinking about cutting another piece with a circle inside (like a donut). Make it out of something cool like alacantara or something.

Comment

sound like a good idea im doing it tomorrow or a least trying it lol

Comment

I think im guna pull the trigger on this idea....

Comment

Originally posted by Pino View Post
                I think im guna pull the trigger on this idea....
                I like your aim.

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                Here's a photoshop of what JamesE30 was thinking about doing to his car. I think it gives a clean look to the int.

...damn photoshop mirrored the picture... but the tach is correct...weird...

I really like how the "floormat" was made to cover the factory holes in the tunnel carpet. This would definitely be a nice touch.

I seem to take my center consol out once and a while and go drive D1 style. It's just fun and like was said, you can always put it back in.

What are you planning for around the heater core area?
                Been with me for 16 years...
                sigpic
                Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

wait who's whip is this?

looks nice, not to go off topic but im looking for a well known seller for those floor mats
                  '87 cabby parting
                  sigpic92' calypso cabby preparing for storage

Comment

home depot sells diamond plate
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HippyEarly View Post
                      home depot sells diamond plate
                      +1
                      my bet is the guy fabricated it himself.

Comment

And not to stay off topic but a dimple died floor mat would be way more dope. And out of all of that race car goodness you see the DP? Not the sweet cluster or the lap timer looking thing by the light switch, or the 8-track player hiding behind the steering wheel :P

But you could for sure do the DP yourself with a cut of tool. angle grinder / jig saw
                        sigpic

Comment

I have done this to my car about two years ago and dont ever regret getting rid of console.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will be doing this one day in the future.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by MERK31 View Post
                              I have done this to my car about two years ago and dont ever regret getting rid of console.

impressive interior.

Got any more shots?

Comment

Nice! I like it. where do the windows switches live?

Comment

Working...
                                X