New to me 1990 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me 1990 325i

I wasn’t in the market for an e30, but a friend of mine relocated and no longer had storage for it in the northeast. I’m a bmw fan and currently own an e46 m3 and a 535i msport. The car has about 140k miles and is still pretty clean. It has new Koni shocks and h and r race springs and sender wheels with Bridgestone re71R tires. The biggest let down is that it’s an automatic, but I have plans to fix that down the road. Right now I’m just trying to get it cleaned up because mechanically, it seems great. Here’s a couple pics to start this thread:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful and obviously well sorted. Love that color combination. Just about finished with the manual swap on mine. Had to replace the differential to LSD at the same time. Can't wait to see your transformation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good canvas. Congrats!
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Damn she is clean. Totally in for this project!

Comment

Originally posted by BMWBrat View Post
          Beautiful and obviously well sorted. Love that color combination. Just about finished with the manual swap on mine. Had to replace the differential to LSD at the same time. Can't wait to see your transformation!

Thanks, it will definitely be a slow moving project. Ideally, I’d like a drivetrain with about 200-225 whp. I think LSD will be in my future as well.

Comment

On the white e30s, I prefer the front lip to be color matched. I started sanding it down today in prep for some primer and later alpine white paint that is in the mail.

Comment

car looks great, previous owner clearly took a lot of care for it.

Comment

Super clean looking car. Great bas efor a fun project. Keep us posted. Curious what you will use for your manual swap.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  Super clean looking car. Great bas efor a fun project. Keep us posted. Curious what you will use for your manual swap.

I found my rebuilt Getrag 260 on Facebook Marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Prazision View Post
                    car looks great, previous owner clearly took a lot of care for it.

It definitely took a lot of elbow grease to get it to where it is now compared to when I first got it.

Comment

Nice Bronco. :)
                      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

I keep looking at those seats, they must have been re-done as the lower part somehow doesn't look stock to me....
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                          Nice Bronco. :)

Thanks. Wife’s ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                            I keep looking at those seats, they must have been re-done as the lower part somehow doesn't look stock to me....

I’m starting to think so as well because I think the color is just slightly off from the headrests.

Comment

I got my “BMW” license plate block off plate for the front today. I don’t know if you will be able to pick up the letters in the pics...

Before

After

Comment

Working...
                              X