Information needed... M52TU Cam selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information needed... M52TU Cam selection

So I bought a 99 E39 to swap I to my E30..

The engine is M52TUB28. I have found alot of good information however most of it is in regard to the M52B28. I know one of the main differences is the fact that my M52tu has a dual vanos. The first modification i want to do is a cam swap. What are my options? I know that I can use M54 ZHP cams (hard to find) but are there any other combos that I could use (S52,M50,M54,S54)? Im also curious if the S50b32 would work since they are dual vanos as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've seen threads where others tried swapping s52 cams in the tub28. None of them were well documented, or particularly successful.

Also contemplating going FI later

Originally posted by PG_E30 View Post
    So I bought a 99 E39 to swap I to my E30..

The engine is M52TUB28. I have found alot of good information however most of it is in regard to the M52B28. I know one of the main differences is the fact that my M52tu has a dual vanos. The first modification i want to do is a cam swap. What are my options? I know that I can use M54 ZHP cams (hard to find) but are there any other combos that I could use (S52,M50,M54,S54)? Im also curious if the S50b32 would work since they are dual vanos as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've seen threads where others tried swapping s52 cams in the tub28. None of them were well documented, or particularly successful.

Also contemplating going FI later
    Just go Shrick or have someone like Riot regrind them. The stock cams have low lift and low duration. The B30 intake cam is an improvement, but not a huge one. ZHP cams add little on top of that.
    E92 Msport

Comment

Yes the aftermarket cams are way to go. B30 intake cam will only give 15-25 hp improvement, but in other hand those are very cheap when bought used. Single vanos cams don't fit, because cam gear is different and can't be swapped without machine work.

Comment

Thanks for the input!!

Comment

Working...
        X