Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    My old job gave me shit about being on r3v. They were terrible micromanagers and the dude who gave me my performance review was the owners son and did absolutely nothing on his own to earn his position. I had to fight laughter and anger when this was a topic of discussion on my review rather than all the work I did do haha

they also called it ARR THREE VEE LIMITED :rofl:

I have a team of 28 who spend time on YouTube, Gmail, Korean drama chat sites, cat videos, etc....I may rib them once in a great while but never ever track (don’t even know if I can???) and present with a piece of paper like this during a review. What kind of masochist commie bullshit is that?? Shoulda said “wow, I thought non work related / unproductive would have been WAY higher, I really need to work on that!” Glad this is a former employer.

/rant

Btw glad we’re all pirates around here now. ARR THREE VEE MATEY....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
      Btw glad we’re all pirates around here now. ARR THREE VEE MATEY....

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Literally lol’d

Comment

More random - my kids’ toys include E30 parts now.....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	7197428

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            My old job gave me shit about being on r3v. They were terrible micromanagers and the dude who gave me my performance review was the owners son and did absolutely nothing on his own to earn his position. I had to fight laughter and anger when this was a topic of discussion on my review rather than all the work I did do haha

they also called it ARR THREE VEE LIMITED :rofl:
            lol my 22 hour shift yesterday, I think we watched about 3 full seasons of south park, to pass the time for the day
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My work has a hard lock on most internet sites so I just use my phone on the guest wifi and a VPN it seems to work out well.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from a week in NY/Brooklyn/Manhattan area. Really cool seeing the areas where the Cosby show, Seinfeld and Sesame street were all set. Fionally got to see what "double parking" really meant! Being from the west coast, I REALLY enjoyed the place. We rented bicycles and did Central Park, The MET, Radio city music hall, had a guided tour of Rockafeller center etc. Had pizza at this awesome little place. As many of you know I'm a health food/healthy lifestyle fanatic, but this place had me wanting MOAR!!! https://www.yelp.ca/biz/prince-street-pizza-new-york-2 If you go there, ya gotta get the pepperoni...UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!

For transportation we relied on walking and public transportation. It was really efficient and the AC on the trains was nice. Really enjoyed all the old school architecture, transit, buildings etc. Stuff like that doesn't last a decade here on the west coast of Canada without getting torn down for more condos (Seattle is a different, better situation). Had a weird/flattering/scary experience with another female passenger (while in the presence of my GF), ask for more info if your interested.

Aside from that I really liked it! I like the cultural diversity and the amount of black vs white ppl. Here in my area of Canada it's mostly Asians. Nothing wrong with that...just sayin (I grew up on the prairies).

Would I go back? Hell yeah! That was my first (and not last) visit to the East coast.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Had a weird/flattering/scary experience with another female passenger (while in the presence of my GF), ask for more info if your interested.

spill the beans Stan
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Give us the beans, stan
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Let me take a guess first.

She started to screech loudly and finger blast herself with these bad boys.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I have low expectations considering the last public transit girl.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          I have low expectations considering the last public transit girl.

Loool

Comment

I think stan will come through this time!
                            1990 325i
                            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Give us the beans, stan
                              give us the Stan, beans

my guess is that she jammed her hand down your pants, took a good feel, looked you straight in the eye, then told you that hers has a bigger mushroom head?
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Ugh, you guys have twisted my rubber arm! ;)

Considering this trip we were warned of the "oppressive" heat that was hitting the East coast, I decided I would only wear shorts and flip flops with random button up shirts. I didn't care that we were situated in the heart of the Financial district near Wall Street where most would be dressed up... I was on holidays dammit!

Tuesday afternoon my GF planned for us to take the train (subway) to the Fort George area, which is north of Washington Heights to visit "The Cloisters" (a medieval art museum in a rebuilt monastery). During our stay a huge lightening and thunderstorm began. We conveniently forgot to pack our umbrella for this trip and were drenched and looking like poo by the time we found a city bus then found our way on the train.

Tired, hungry and drenched, we made our way onto the subway heading back to the hotel. As usual, we were sitting along a row of seats where strangers often sit next to each other. My GF was seated on my right with some random people seated across, but facing us. At one of the stops a couple of people came and sat on my left side. I didn't take note of them or what they looked like as I carried on my random small chat with my GF about the museum and our trip so far etc. At one point, I noticed the person sitting two spots to my left had gotten up and left the train. Usually at this point the person sitting directly next to you would move a spot away from you to avoid any awkwardness or confusion of someone's motives. That didn't happen. Without turning my head I realized the person was a female, cute and maybe mid or later 30s with a few grey hairs. Without saying anything she made a joking gesture of lightly brushing her hand against my thigh. She retracted her hand before it hit. This is when I began to feel nervous.

She then turned to me and said something softly. I couldn't understand what she said as it sounded like maybe she was speaking French? or maybe she was slurring her words?? Regardless I gently asked her to repeat herself. She asked me if I was going to get off at her stop with her. Instantly I was in "oh $hit" mode, and from the slight whiff of alcohol on her breath I knew I needed to tread LIGHTLY and creatively to diffuse this situation.

Well, that didn't happen. I tried coming up with an excuse that maybe she'd understand of "I'm sorry, but I have dinner plans this evening".
                                She didnt' like that and instantly flew into a rage. "F*ck you! you A$$hole!, you son of a b*tch!" She continued repeating various forms of this response while I sat there helplessly apologizing quietly hoping to not make a scene, which was useless by this point. As she was gathering her purse and exiting up the stairs out of the train flipping me the bird, all I could think of was every girl I'd ever turned down in my life and how this made them feel. I truly was sorry for hurting her feelings, but I really didn't know of any other way I could have dealt with the situation better.
                                The other passengers on the train seemed unfazed about what was happening in front of them, as though this sort of thing happens regularly on the train. I was shocked and dumbfounded :?
                                Not sure if any of you remember the US version of "The Office", but I gave my best confused "oh sh*t, WTF" interpretation of Jim Halpert.

After the situation was over, my GF asked me what she initially said, and after I explained to her what had happened, she replied with "well I take transit every day, and this never happens to me". She seems to think I cause these things but I can honestly say that I really do my best to avoid any confrontations by avoiding eye contact, not engaging in conversation or wearing anything that would get attention.

After the bus girl incident earlier this year, to this recent incident I have since decided I am never going to take public transit again. Too much female drama.
                                Attached Files
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X