No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you can shoot them in Apature priority, on most of the M4/3 and similar set ups with an adapter so thats keeping the demand up somewhat, that and the OM line up had great great glass and muilti coatings. For the current out lay they are bargain for the quality of the glass your getting so long as you do your homework and are not getting the kit glass and getting the better ones. IIRC the 1 of the Really fast prime Telephotos ( the 250 F2 or 350 f2.8) were just recently (last decade or so) retired form NASA from orbital photo duty on shuttle missions as the sharpest lens they had ever tested....

Good OM glass referance page

An unofficial guide to manual Zuiko lenses for Oympus OM cameras. You'll love it! Really! Click now!
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Im thinking about picking up the 135mm 2.8/f eventually as my cheap telephoto Prime.

Seem to be affordable and has decent glass even though no fancy coatings.

some of the more expensive options like the 85mm 2/f and etc probably wont happen unless I run them on my DSLR
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

its been a while since I was looking for OM glass to run on my OMD, but IIRC and a quick referance to the site above I think you would get much better results form either the 180 F2 or F2.8 or the 100 F2. They were more upmarket pro line lenses that will give you better color rendering on the modern "Sensor" lol

You want the fancy coatings they help with color rendering, lens flare, and chromatic aberration (though aberration is more the quality of the glass and the precision of the grind) along with glass protection and so on. Muilt coatings are very important on any precision optic from binocs to photo glass to your spectacles, or your sunglasses
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          its been a while since I was looking for OM glass to run on my OMD, but IIRC and a quick referance to the site above I think you would get much better results form either the 180 F2 or F2.8 or the 100 F2. They were more upmarket pro line lenses that will give you better color rendering on the modern "Sensor" lol
          Maybe but honestly mainly looking for cheaper ones to just run on the film camera for now, as I still don't know exactly what FF DSLR ill buy.

Edit: I have an almost unreasonable desire for a FujiFilm XH-1 or XT-2 solely cause the physical dials are basically sexual.
          Last edited by Wschnitz; 04-02-2018, 06:37 PM.
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

You want the fancy coatings they help with color rendering, lens flare, and chromatic aberration (though aberration is more the quality of the glass and the precision of the grind) along with glass protection and so on. Muilt coatings are very important on any precision optic from binocs to photo glass to your spectacles, or your sunglasses
            Not a prime, but I have the 40-150mm f2.8 Pro for my OMD M5 II and it is lovely.

I also have an OM1 aswell. I got a 200mm OM prime for that last year on ebay for $50.
            Last edited by ALYKZANDYR; 04-03-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Silly noob question. Google has give me two different answers - so has facebook.

True or false? Canon labels their lenses with "EF-S mount" for lenses that are true to their labeled focal length on an aps-c camera. Where as a "EF" means it works on both, but of course with a crop sensor, there is the conversion factor. But my question is really.....this: EF-S means it's advertised focal length, is what it is on an aps-c??? No? Or am I so wrong?
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Advertised focal length on EF-S is same as reality as far as I am aware. I have no reason to believe my 10-22mm isnt actually 10-22 when I can stand a foot away from a wall and still capture the whole building.
                willschnitz

Comment

20180406-_MG_5569 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                  20180406-_MG_5797 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                  willschnitz

Comment

How slow can you go hand held? Those were all 1/20 sec, aside from the 510, it was 1/15 sec, hand held.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Thanks. It was pretty funny. I was shooting 1/200 sec before this and all my shots were out of focus. I got the shutter speed down to 1/60 and suddenly my pics were all in focus, so I kept going slower, and slower. 1/15 was as slow as I could go. I have some more pics I can add later.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

In love with this scene but cant seem to photograph it how I see it in my head, hoping my film turns out more like what I imagine.

Part of it is the 10-22, although a fun lens to play with, I find trouble using it and enjoying the shots it takes.

20180411-_MG_6056 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

I also noticed shooting at 200 ISO minimum has somewhat eliminated my sensor striping, kind of annoying that I have to find work arounds in the first place.

Ive also become obsessed with the idea of acquiring a Mamiya RZ67 Medium Format film camera, probably to shoot 120 with, 6x6 or 6x7.
                        willschnitz

Comment

I am not sure what your going for there, but you might try playing with your white balance a little bit to change the mood/effect some. Very blue hue, might try warming it up a little bit to give it a bit more "intimate" feel, unless your looking for that cool look. I think this would be great B/W and maybe recompose some what to lessen the influence of overexposed window on your eye

William Pitt-

Comment

Its supposed to pretty blue, I wanted to bring out the yellow in the chairs a bit without blasting it out.

In the end its an Art thing right, so not everyone is going to agree where to push it. Might revisit it if the room is still unlocked next time.
                            willschnitz

Comment

I gather that its got the cool tone since its all shadow, and your not going to lose that over all just due to the nature of the lighting, but to pull the yellow out more your going to have set your white balance to 4800-5200k and see if you get a little more of what your looking for.

I aggree its all subjective, and I am just trying to come up with a sorta easy way to get where you want to go with out filters. I play with the WB a lot sometimes to get an effect I am looking for. You could play with it in post and see what it does and if you like it try out for next time

Could take a s shot HDR composite for the 1 for what you have and 2 for the chairs and combine in post ?????

William Pitt-

Comment

Big post coming up of some people-centric photos I've taken over the past half year or so.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X