This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI
    SJ e30 meet tomorrow night 8:30 in-and-out by the airport.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Anyone local did innovate LC-1 install and/or PSIK? Just want to see if I can get some help. Thanks!
      Current:
      '88 325ic Silver 5sp
      '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
      '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
      '06 325i Black 5sp
      '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
      '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
      '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Originally posted by mazzo View Post
        Anyone local did innovate LC-1 install and/or PSIK? Just want to see if I can get some help. Thanks!
        I have an innovate LC-2 installed.
        '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
        1972 Porsche 914

Comment

uh oh, race car for sale!

Kronus, how's the transmission in that thing? I am pretty interested in the engine for spare parts for my rebuilt, the trans, and the ecu. Any thoughts on it?
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            uh oh, race car for sale!

Kronus, how's the transmission in that thing? I am pretty interested in the engine for spare parts for my rebuilt, the trans, and the ecu. Any thoughts on it?
            we haven't had many bites, and are currently taking the motor apart. I suspect we floated the valves. if it's an easy fix, the aim is to transplant the whole powerplant into the 52 willys we're building to replace our e30, so it won't be available.

I do have a spare ECU and a pair of M30 g260's with dead syncros available, if you want to either get them rebuilt or figure out how to do it yourself. I think someone just posted a G260 rebuild guide on GRM.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              we haven't had many bites, and are currently taking the motor apart. I suspect we floated the valves. if it's an easy fix, the aim is to transplant the whole powerplant into the 52 willys we're building to replace our e30, so it won't be available.

I do have a spare ECU and a pair of M30 g260's with dead syncros available, if you want to either get them rebuilt or figure out how to do it yourself. I think someone just posted a G260 rebuild guide on GRM.
              Well if it's more catastrophic, I could use the block, maybe the crank/pistons. Still waiting to hear if my crank is bent or if my pistons are too worn to reuse. Also, I'd be happy to snag the MarkD chip if you don't want it.

Gonna look up the 260 on GRM right now. It'd be awesome to be able to make a spare. Or at lease swap stuff from an m20 g260 into an m30 g260 (if that's possible).
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                No bench vice unfortunately, gotta pay a shop to do it or buy prepressed. Hard to find a set of lollipops with the solid rubber pre-pressed, miight just have to go for something harder. Condor UMHV or a poly bushing. These would be easier for me to install on the CAalso, so might be a good choice. I can always rent a puller, but idk about install tools. Is it the same thing?
                Last time I did bushings I offered a guy selling a 20 ton press on CL ~20 bucks to use it for an hour (he accepted)

I have AKG 75D offset cabs and they press in by hand/with a mallet. I've taken the stock ones out with a dremel cutting through the outer metal ring but it's a pita.
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I saw LBV for the first time in like 4 years.
                  I also saw a ton of shitboxes at legends of the autobahn.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    I also saw a ton of shitboxes at legends of the autobahn.

Are you going to watch any racing? I know you like Datsuns...

Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Are you going to watch any racing? I know you like Datsuns...
                      I only went to Legends. we were pretty beat so we went home after.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Ha! I last ran into him December 2016. Took a photo for the occasion.

OT - this week marks half a year of no E30 for me.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          OT - this week marks half a year of no E30 for me.
                          buy my baur 323i. i'm not driving it and you like your unique cars.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            buy my baur 323i. i'm not driving it and you like your unique cars.

hehehehe I actually still have the E30. It's been sitting in my uncle's garage in socal needing an m42 timing overhaul.

buuuuutt... after 6 months sitting in dormancy, picking it up this thursday!

taking a couple days of vacay at the end of week and going down to socal.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Are you going to rebuild the M42, swap in another, or add more cylinders?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                Are you going to rebuild the M42, swap in another, or add more cylinders?

The M42 in the car has strong compression, and just about everything other than the timing components have been replaced and are relatively fresh.

Bought the full FCP timing overhaul kit and planning on having it all replaced by one of our own down in the SFV.

Hope to bring the car back up north later this fall, and start working on getting the exterior up to snuff, now that the interior is all tidied-up.

Body & paint hopefully by the spring.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X