Condor speed Shop..... Hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condor speed Shop..... Hmm

Well so far it is off to a rough start. I ordered my parts on 30 Nov. I knew they would not be sent out until the following week. So no email about my order until I email them on Tuesday and ask what is going on with my order. I get a response and they ask who soon do you need them? and tell me they wont be shipped out until Friday. I ask why is it going to take them a full week too ship out 2 motor mounts and I said it should only take that long if you had to make more. And they tell me they were waiting on the parts to come in from their supplier. I responded with you should tell your customers asap that you are out and awaiting stock and I asked again when I should get them. So it is looking like my build date for tuesday is going to change again.

I might sound harsh but when I pay for a part I should get information asap I should not have to go though as many emails as I did with them. I am not telling people not to buy from them. We will see how long it takes for my 2 M20 motor mounts to get here.

i ordered my stuff tuesday and just arrived i have had nothing but good experiences with them

Comment

... I have had no good experiences with any one with shipping for parts for my car..

What did you get??

Comment

Just the nature of the game. Sometimes you have to wait. Its the holiday season, there a VERY small operation.
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Pretty much what FLG said.
          They aren't a huge business/vendor/blunttech-status.

No different from the guy on here who makes shift boots. It's how the game works.
          Sacrifice some wait time for the quality good deal you're getting on their mounts.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Its not the wait it is the fact that I had to go looking for answers. No email no nothing.... Its called good business practice.. If you see a order for a part that you have non you should email that person and tell them as soon as you can. Not make the customer come asking what is going on....

You guys are missing the point I would not have cared if they would have emailed me on Monday and said they are waiting on the parts to come in. But the first email was saying they were going to email and the end of the week and asked when I needed it. Then it went to we are waiting on a shipment.... I know parts from small company's take time but them not letting me know what is going on... and it took me to email them multiple times to figure it out.

Comment

I would hardly say this is an issue IMO. I have been working on my own cars for 10+ years and this sounds fairly normal. Especially small operations that make one off parts.

Well to add to the thread,

They have always been very punctual on responding to my emails about parts. They where awesome when it came to some special shipping circumstances and working with me in a timely manner.

I will continue to do business with them! :D

Comment

maybe I am just the black duck in this community...

All I am saying is they should have better communication when they get orders in....

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeef612 View Post

All I am saying is they should have better communication when they get orders in....
                  I think you'd look cuter in purple

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeef612 View Post
                    Its not just you. It's what I call the Amazon Effect. We as internet shoppers have become used to instant service and response. The fact of it is, those of us that are a small business struggle to remain efficient as we grow. There are real supply problems, there are machine failures, and who knows what else. It's not simply popping something in a box and shipping it out.

Of course on the opposite end, the failure to improve will result in a failed business, but I don't think Condor is there, not by a long shot.
                    Last edited by SkiFree; 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I have been building cars for a long time. SO dealing with small company's pretty much all I had to deal with. In the fiero community their is no big company's just mom and pop type shops. It's it is lack of communication they had when I bought my motor mount from them.

Comment

So you ordered Friday. They probably didn't get to checking on the stock or even look at the order till Monday. Come Monday they where probably busy trying to find out when and where their new stock parts would be in and where most likely dealing with several customers at that time. I am sure they have a que on who ordered first. Maybe there where several others in front of you on the que. So Tuesday rolls around and they still don't have word on their stock so they start to notify customers. You happen to email them before they contact you. Are you really going to say they are lacking in communication due to this?

Me and one other individual run an electronic control system repair company. We deal with hundreds of items a month and have to wait on parts constantly from suppliers. We have 4 day lead times due to this. I have never had one client complaint for not communicating with them for 4 or 5 days at a time. I can understand in CSS's position why this isn't that big of a deal. They aren't Amazon or any other large corporation with hundreds of thousands of dollars into software that manages their inventory or notifies them on stock order status. They don't have a customer service department, or a hotline to a call center.

I understand your frustration. But ordering parts on a Friday for a Tuesday build date sounds like poor planning on your part.

Comment

it was for next weeks Tuesday not this week...

Comment

You ordered 1 week ago. Whats the big deal? If you want fast CS and Shipping, go buy from TMS. This is a small business serving a specialty customer base. There are going to be delays here and there. I hope you are not into guns, people have to wait months and months for parts, and that is typical.
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Sorry a polite heads up goes a long way for repeat business.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X