Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

949 Racing 6UL E30 Spec wheel folks - QUESTIONS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuhmo ecsta at in 225 50 15. I had them on trm c1 15x8 and it was a nice setup
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

If you want to be faster in autocross, get 15x8's and Hankook rs4's 225/45
      sigpic
      1991 318is S52
      1987 325i Vert
      1991 325i
      2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

My 205 star spec 2's have way more traction than a stock 2.5 can over power

Comment

You can still run 205s on an 8, so the point about not being able to use all seasons is kind of moot. There is no reason to get 7s when 8s are better in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard 1 View Post
            I have a tire machine so, I can change tires. Majority will be street use and with the occasional AutoX, I will change the tires. On a 15x8, the tires for race use are plentiful. But A/S tires are hard to find in that size.

I think I will stick with the 15x7, but wonder if guys are rolling fenders to allow these to fit well with a setup like I am using. I am on Koni adjust with H&R race springs.
            You would not need to roll the fenders with 15x7 +15 wheels. You would also not need to roll the fenders with 15x8 +26 either (assuming you ran a 10mm spacer with the 8's, and 225 tires).

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

We have been using 949 6UL Spec E30 wheels (15X7) and love em.
              They are just over 13 lbs each, have 2 valves and a design that avoids damage to the valve stems or spokes when there's wheel to wheel contact.
              The Spec E30 suspension lowers the car quite a bit hence we did hammer the rear fender inner lips. Not needed on the front.
              We run a 10mm spacer in the front.

So here they are on our NASA Spec E30
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X