Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend me a redo and cat setup (M30b35+I.E. headers inside) **PIC**

Hey all,

I want to toss my 27 year old catalytic converter out the window, and am in need of something that will offer good performance, without being obnoxiously loud.

I currently have this exhaust mated to a M30b35 engine, breathing into a set of Ireland Engineering headers.

will I lose flow/performance if this is branched off to a Y-pipe connection into a single 2.5" cat, followed by a 2.5" resonator?

remember...key is maintaining performance, and not being too loud.

thoughts?

Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

sub'd. you and i have some back and forth on our similar setups.

currently i'm running a magnaflow dual in dual out cat with some generic 12" cans and it's not extremely loud but the drone is deep toned and beats on my ear drums if i'm going over 70mph.

Looking forward to hearing what others have to say.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool beans.

Also, just because I still like a loud exhaust at times I will be installing an exhaust cutout somewhere in the mix.

So...there's that too lol
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I've got an M30B35 with long tube IE headers running into E36 M3 exhaust including cat and resonator, finished up with an E30 Remus muffler.

It's pretty heavy, but sounds good and isn't too loud. Not sure about performance gain or loss, but I'm pretty happy with it for the price (paid about 200 for the M3 stuff and 250 for the Remus).

Comment

nice Y-pipe 2.5" highflow cat, resonator with decent volume/length and biggest straight through muffler that fits
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
          X