No announcement yet.

The R3V Garage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. It was built with this all in mind then...

Trying to think of after the fact post lift install...
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

i dont has a garage of my own so i pop into this thread every once in a while to dream about having my own haha
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

post #467 trumps all!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Definitely an inspiration!! No matter how many times I see it I still get impressed!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Thought I'd chime in on this one... I think this is my first post so naturally I'm going to eff up the pic

Comment

Hey, I got it right! Here's one more

Comment

Reviving an old thread in the hopes of getting some more inspiration for my garage. Needing to create a lot more storage for it and finally getting around to putting a plan together. In the meantime, here are some pics of the garage where my 318 spends most of its time...especially now that its almost winter up here in the north.

Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

POwling what type of storage? Storing what? A row of commercial shelving will free up some floor space. Put things in Rubber maid containers and label them. There is far more activiy on garagejournal.com and it's good stuff.

I started a thread on ORGANIZING 101 a month or so ago and included my daily stuff which didn't always fit so starting a new thread we can all put our ORGANIZING SKILLS to work and for some of us to get new ideas. since most of the members here have been ORGANIZING for years they are well past...

Been working on mine the last two weeks, granted I have not been around much. So my GC has, lol
                  Mother in law needed access to apartment above garage from inside the house so made one

Insulation today, drywall in few weeks and then proper stairs.
                  Last edited by M-technik-3; 10-28-2016, 05:28 AM.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'll be adding pictures to this thread soon. Two Post rotary lift installed a week ago, now just waiting for a high lift conversion on my garage door so that I can actually use the lift. The tracks and opener are sitting right in the center of the middle of the lift currently. Should be done the end of next week.

Springtime will be when everything gets painted and cleaned up. Before then I'll be putting together some storage shelving up near the ceiling so I can get wheels and tools I use infrequently up off the floor to give me more space for a new tool box.

Comment

where is the pic of the e30 m3 in that guys loft somewhere in germany or some shit
                      bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

GarageJournal is certainly the place to go and gawk at dream builds.

For storage, I think my Sam's Club (other big box membership stores, too.. all same brand) has great garage cabinetry.

If you keep on the list with Home Depot, they will offer there garage cabinetry discounted a nice amount, too. If you can get a .mil or good deal on gift cards, you can drop the price even more.
                        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Old thread revival!

Me and lady bought a house last fall. Among other things it came with a detached 2 car out back and a large single car under the house. Naturally I claimed the back garage for my own.

It was an empty shell, one crappy wall done with drywall and the windows boarded up but does have brand new doors on it. Used to have electricity in but no longer does which means for the time being, is run off extension cords. My step dad is going to help run electricity out there this summer but we have a few other house projects to take care of first.

Here it is when I got my hands on it.

Immediately swept it out, put insulation in the walls and went and bought a bunch of 3/8 OSB for the walls and a few gallons of white paint. Also installed a door opener on the left bay for my E30 (right side is too steep to get in), hung 6 shop lights and re-wired a large one in the middle. I have a number of extension cords running this now but they all have breaker switches so if it overloads those pop before anything else.

Progress

Made quick use of the space by immediately pulling the engine and trans from the E30 for a clutch job and engine reseal.

Fast forward to today and aside from the extension cords, is pretty well sorted. Even hooked up my old computer so I have internet access 4 feet from where I work on the car...or just listen to spotify.

Recently found myself really enjoying some basic woodworking so I took the empty side of the garage and built a little woodworking station on the wall and added an air compressor. The compressor really taxes the extension cord so I have to be careful when I flip it on otherwise it'll pop the circuit.

Only real future plans are adding electricity, maybe an epoxy floor but this concrete is pretty awful. I'd like to insulate the ceiling too so it's more or a year round workspace.

Moving on to the attached garage! It serves mostly as a home to all of our two wheeled toys and out door gear. It still very much needs some attention but does the job for now.

When we moved in. Had a really basic, really crappy bench along the wall. Plans were to tear it out immediately but we ended up having a friend move in to the spare room and completely took over the garage. Thankfully that wasn't permanent and he moved out a month ago and I finally got to start on this space.

And today. I always wanted a home repair stand/shop for my bikes so I decided why the hell not finally do it? Built another bench, added a Park repair stand, some peg board, tools and spare parts.

Still need to ad some more lighting in this one and sort out better bike storage. Not pictured here is my DH bike and 3 more road bikes. The motorcycle is the lady's and even with all this in here, if we move the motorcycle towards the back there's still room to park a car in. Super stoked to finally have actual usable garages and work space.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

This is awesome man! Nicely done, looks like a good space to be working in.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

The R3V Garage Thread

I need to expand on the usefulness of my little 2-car. I have to finish assembling my Datsun first as the free space immediately got filled with random Datsun parts haha

Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

@Nick_S

Nice car hole! I see that your garage doors are insulated. I will be doing the same thing next month. Our garage gets hotter than an oven during the hot Phoenix summers.
                                90 Bronzit 325is
                                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X