E36 Rear Sump Oil Pan/Subframe Mod Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
    Swaybar mounts to the front, I just used generic sway bar mounts and decent bushes. The holes are already there in the subframe.

Dont have any pics but it all works nicely.
    Ahhh... i didn't read the whole detail at first page. thanks.

Anyway, just wondering, since the sway bar mount is moved to the front, will it be possible to use e36 sway bar? of course the mount location will be moved a bit... But 25.5mm should give significant handling improvement i guess....

Comment

^^Why do you say that? It depends on your needs? Are you getting alot of off power oversteer?

On topic: curious to hear how it works for track/autox duty. I too am worried it is not deep enough to keep the pump submerged. I definitly would recommend a custom oil baffle.
      Last edited by R3Z3N; 11-11-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I plan on doing this, but need to source the parts. LMK if Im missing anything. E36 Oil Pan and pickup, E30 front subframe, E36 dipstick? Really want to get this done
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          I plan on doing this, but need to source the parts. LMK if Im missing anything. E36 Oil Pan and pickup, E30 front subframe, E36 dipstick? Really want to get this done
          Do it! I love my setup.
          Feedback
          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

already talking to him about it. my E34 pan already had a hairline crack that was JB welded and I cant stand the sight of looking at my car from the front and seeing the pan hanging out there in front. LA roads are begging to destroy it. How long did it take you to install it? I assume I will need a lift to do it, or at least that would be the best/ ideal way
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Is it wrong to assume that this setup will take care of the exhaust interference issues that plague 24V swaps with the stock components?
              Any here know if this is true?
              1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
              1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
              1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
              1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
              2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
              2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
              2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
              2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                already talking to him about it. my E34 pan already had a hairline crack that was JB welded and I cant stand the sight of looking at my car from the front and seeing the pan hanging out there in front. LA roads are begging to destroy it. How long did it take you to install it? I assume I will need a lift to do it, or at least that would be the best/ ideal way
                It took me a few days since I was in no rush to install it, plus I got the parts powder coated. I wanna say it would take at least 2-3 hours to actually uninstall the old setup and install the the new setup. I just used a engine support bar to hold the motor in place.
                Feedback
                Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

bump for old thread. Also are these being made anymore?

Comment

The e36 pans are not but Tyler still makes the subframe BUT... he's currently swamped with projects and therefore not taking on any new work.

I am swamped! Im CUrrently not accepting deposits for orders. I am switching to a core exchange program and working to get exhausts and trans mounts on the shelves. Im a one man operation and have other work outside of BMW parts. Lead times have gotten ridiculous and i need to stop to reset.
                    I am so sorry for the inconvenience, Ill be back soon and will be providing a much better service
                    Tyler@thearcasylum.com
                    I got super lucky and found someone selling a complete setup slightly used.
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Anyone else doing this now? Or is there another option to increase clearance over the E34 M50 pan on my S50?

Comment

There are some discussions about this in the S/M54 section:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428847

Comment

Working...
                        X