Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 325es m50b25tu

Hey all,

I have a swapped e30 and I have a few questions.

I did not do the swap myself, I had a shop that blew up my B27, and we met in the middle to make it right with an M50 swap.

E34 M50B25tu manual (OBD1)

E34 harness manual (OBD1)
    24v trans brace

Manipulated shifter rod

E21 trans mounts (no cups)
    Poly motor mounts (shimmed passenger side)

Red label 413 DME

Mechanical fan

Kept the Getrag 260 that came with my 325es.

My question is this, the shop removed the two reference sensors that were originally located in the bell housing, and now I have two open holes.

I would think I could just cut the wiring off from the original sensors and stick them back into the holes, but does anyone else have a better/cleaner idea?

Maybe someone can reference me to some plugs, etc.?

Thank you in advance!!!

I will just cut the wires and throw the two old sensors back into the holes.

Comment

Here are some photos I took today.

Sorry the car is quite dirty. I have had the old girl for 12 years now. Man I am getting old as time just whizzes by.

I just want to thank all of you gurus out there :bow:, who really helped me understand everything that was necessary to complete this swap. It really helped me make sure the shop was going to give me a top notch product, and I personally learned a ton.

Shout out to Kassel Motorsports.

Comment

Nice swap, looks lovely! Just one question, tf happened to your valve cover? Looks really weird or is it just my eyes?

Also why not let the old sensor in? Or just get the right threaded bolts that could fit. (something like the drainage plugs?)

Comment

The valve cover was prepped and painted with a high temp wrinkle coating. That is why it looks like that. I wanted to keep the stock engine covers off to make the install/swap look more factory, so the shop coated the VC for me. I personally really like the look.

The holes in the bell housing are not threaded, so you cant really apply a threaded plug unless you tap the holes. So I just cut the wiring off the two old sensors (reference and speed) and reinstalled them.

Comment

Looks good! What radiator are you running?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

I am currently running an e36 radiator.

I just installed a TRM chip this past weekend, and I love it.

The car is noticeably more peppy.

Comment

Originally posted by PNWE30M50 View Post
                Thank you very much!!!

I am currently running an e36 radiator.

I just installed a TRM chip this past weekend, and I love it.

The car is noticeably more peppy.
                Mind sharing more details about the cooling system? Any special modifications that had to be made?
                I'm planning on using the radiator out of the m52 donor car on my swap if I can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know the specifics. My understanding is that there are a few generic Napa radiator hoses that we utilized that must be cut down ever so slightly to make the setup work. I am running a mechanical fan.

But, I have a specific question for the r3v community.

Please see the link below. The last page specifically.

From my understanding, I have an 87 325es with a Getrag 260 transmission. That would mean that I have a dual mass flywheel stock. Therefore there is no need to "shave" my M20 flywheel to therefore mate up to my M50tu. Right?

The reason I ask is because when I start the car cold, it will vibrate (the whole car rumbles like I have all poly mounts, even though I don't) more when the clutch pedal is out (engaged) vs. when the clutch is pushed to the floor (disengaged). This is all done in neutral obviously. Why? We ran the stock throw out and pilot bearing that came with my stock Getrag 260.

Also, I don't see any holes drilled in my Getrag 260 to access these "rear oil pan bolts" on my e34 oil pan. The oil pan gasket was replaced when the swap was done. Is this something that I should do? Bring up to the shop?

Thank you in advance all.

Comment

I’m an idiot nvm.
                    Last edited by PNWE30M50; 03-18-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X