s52 OBDII Info (adaptor wiring chart)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
    You keep talking about x20 when I keep talking about the diagnosis connector. I think you have it figured out. If you can't upgrade the dme I have a spare I could sell you. Look up pazi88 on YouTube, he has lots of good info on flashing.
    The diag connector has three wires that go to DME - 22 (switched power), 16 (diag rxd), 17 (diag txd).

I didn't mess with the diag connector on the passenger side. You did? I'm just using a 20pin adapter to obd2 connector

My 16 x20 (diag rxd) isn't connected to anything - should it be?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jjc034; 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Take a multi meter. Take the cap off the diagnosis connector. Check for power at pin 16. If there is no power then it needs power from pin six of the c101. Pin 17 of the diagnosis connector does not need power if you are not flashing. If the diagnosis connector has power then it should work.

Comment

Take a multi meter. Take the cap off the diagnosis connector. Check for power at pin 16. If there is no power then it needs power from pin six of the c101. Pin 17 of the diagnosis connector does not need power if you are not flashing. If the diagnosis connector has power then it should work.
        Great, thank you for the explanation - don't mean to give you a hassle, I'm just going crazy with this thing.

If pin 17 is not receiving power on the diag connector, should I simply splice into 16 to draw switched power from that?

Engine is most definitely getting tuned :-D

Comment

Should be fine. I still don't know why scanner wouldn't work with early ms4.1

Comment

Should be fine. I still don't know why scanner wouldn't work with early ms4.1

https://youtu.be/euxmWXAJg9U
            Just dropped with my tuner - he can deal lol appreciate your trying to help me with this

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X