E90 seats into my e30 sedan with re-dye project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    Is that inside your 335? Coral red is such a nice color.
    Yes, that's the coral red in my 335i. I'm just hoping that the tone will go nicely in the e30 as well. :D

Comment

I prefer LS-B's but that is nice work and as you say I bet they will be comfy.
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

I have a console with two heated seat switches if you're interested.

Also, SEM Landau Black is a perfect match to OEM trim when you need to repaint anything.
        Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
          I have a console with two heated seat switches if you're interested.

Also, SEM Landau Black is a perfect match to OEM trim when you need to repaint anything.
          How much are you asking? I was planning on checking the local salvage yards this weekend.

I'll give SEM a shot the next time around all though I'm pretty content with the results I got with the Dupl-color semi-gloss.

Comment

looks bitchen

Comment

I didn't get much done today. No seat progress at all. I had intended to get some more spray painting done t but it started to rain and became super humid and icky.

Instead, I attempted to scrape off the nasty pinstripes on the car with some plastic razor blades. About 1/4 way through the trunk lid, I decided that I had enough for one night. I'm going to try it with the aid of a hair dryer the next time around.

I started to think about what I other fun thing I could do on the e30...

I decided that it'd be an awesome idea to install a car amplifier from a decade ago in the middle of the night ...

Punch 400a4 amp. Powers the two front speakers and the subwoofer which is some kicker L5 box I got for cheap at a yard sale a few years ago. Followed Luke's guide for premium audio wiring and ran the rca cables to the head unit as well as a hot wire / GND. This subwoofer is just a temporary solution until the Lukebox comes in (bought the coupon Luke... Now to wait until May!) Excuse the very dirty trunk.

I also ran a fused 10gauge hot wire to the front seat area. I'm going to power the two front seats electronics (power seat related features) and the seat heating elements with this power run. Got some 30A relays that I'll throw on there just to make sure the seats won't drain the batteries for some stupid reason.

Of course there's a whine in the stereo system now. It's most likely due to the poor poor ground at the headunit. Gotta love ground loops. I got too tired to fix it tonight... Calling it a day and hittin' the sack. I'll be at it again tomorrow night.

Comment

OP very good job

Comment

Want to see final product. I do love that red! MmmMMMmmmm
                  Work We Do
                  CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                  http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Tell me more about the dye kit where did unget it from and what
                    Brand

Comment

Sorry to bring this back from the dead... What happened with this project???????
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

sub'd if there are any updates

Comment

buuuump, OP please provide finished results.

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                            buuuump, OP please provide finished results.
                            E90 seats sit too tall won't work well for E30 if you are tall person. I installed E90 seats in E36 and when adjusted all the way down it is still too tall.

Comment

I think he ruined everyone's seat orgasm. lol i was so ready...
                              hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

Comment

well if it turned out anything like mines OMG! it's worth it. i went the e36 route got the die and it turned out fantastic so far.
                                hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

Comment

Working...
                                X