No announcement yet.

s52 OBDII Info (adaptor wiring chart)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mammoth, just following up to see what can of your BAR. Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by MyE30 View Post
      mammoth, just following up to see what can of your BAR. Any updates?
      I had to pay for an illegal smog last May because i could not get it past BAR in time and after that i lost motivation because I hate the CA DMV.

Three things were ultimately in my way

1. Needed an approved CA intake. I tried to get away with it because a buddy said this particular ref passed him (s50 swap tho), but it wasn't the case for me.

2. when swapping an OBDII car in CA all the emissions sensors need to be in "ready mode" and my fuel tank pressure sensor, while not throwing a check engine light, was not reporting as ready.

3. I was just over on my emissions but I think it is because the cats cooled off too much while i was filling out paper work and they were going over the car.

I may try again if I find the time, but only to say "I did it"

Comment

Hey for pins 2 4 10 and 12, i assume those wire are not in the harness and i have to run them to the c101 plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Originally posted by Mistawall View Post
          Hey for pins 2 4 10 and 12, i assume those wire are not in the harness and i have to run them to the c101 plug?
          if you have extra pins you can add corresponding pins in the x20 connector to match up with c101p2, 4, and 10. you can re-pin x6031p1 into the x20 connector to match up with c101p12 for the CEL.
          Last edited by MyE30; 02-20-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

s52 OBDII Info (adaptor wiring chart)

The x6031 connector is the one next to the x20 right
            Google solved this for me lol

Last edited by Mistawall; 02-20-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The x6031 connector is the one next to the x20 right
              Google solved this for me lol

yep

Comment

Also another newb question am i jumping pin 6 to pin 20 on the c101 connector? Im not actually making an adapter i cut my x20 off and am replacing it with c101

Comment

Also another newb question am i jumping pin 6 to pin 20 on the c101 connector? Im not actually making an adapter i cut my x20 off and am replacing it with c101

yeah you are basically jumping them but you need to be very very very very careful and verify that pin 20 is indeed your ABS or else you will short out your harness and probably start a fire.

Read this thread:

Comment

Great lil resource there. I do in fact have a late model e30 (1991 318is) so looks like i will be jumping pin 6 to 20. Also great work on that spread sheet! I also pulled my motor from a 98 m3 and everything has been spot on thus far. I made the mistake of just pulling the harness iff the engine with out any labeling material on hand so it should be fun figuring out where all these dam connectors go

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
                      yeah you are basically jumping them but you need to be very very very very careful and verify that pin 20 is indeed your ABS or else you will short out your harness and probably start a fire.

Read this thread:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=220514
                      I have pre abs so I capped off pin 20 on c101. Question on 6 - my diag connector is getting power but not communicating to scan tool. I linked 16 to 17,but I've also read that 6 should be linked to 22 on X20. Is this correct?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Pin 16 of the diag connector needs 12v with ignition on. Pin 17 only needs 12v when you are Tuning ie:flashing. Pretty sure that is your issue. You are trying to read codes correct?

Pin six of the C101 is 12v with ignition on, Used to be for the o2 sensor heating circuit. I used pin 6 for the diag connector and for ABS. You don't have ABS so dont worry about that. Pin 7 is 12v with ignition on and is ignition 12v for the harness.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                          Pin 16 of the diag connector needs 12v with ignition on. Pin 17 only needs 12v when you are Tuning ie:flashing. Pretty sure that is your issue. You are trying to read codes correct?

Pin six of the C101 is 12v with ignition on, Used to be for the o2 sensor heating circuit. I used pin 6 for the diag connector and for ABS. You don't have ABS so dont worry about that. Pin 7 is 12v with ignition on and is ignition 12v for the harness.
                          I am currently running pin 16 C101 --> pin 17 x20. Are you saying to also run pin 16 on X20 to pin 6 or other 12v switched on c101?

FYI I am getting this tuned and trying to read codes.

Last edited by jjc034; 03-21-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The diag connector itself. Should be pin 22 x20. Green/white wire. Needs 12v from pin 6 C101. I left pin 16 of the C101 alone on mine, I might have missed it but I am able to read codes via OBD2 port. I know for tuning you need switched 12v for Pin 17 of the diag connector. It shouldn't be permanant but switchable so you can read codes if I recall correctly. Pin 16 of the x20 is for what? I don't have my other notes in front of me just my current C101 pinout.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                              The diag connector itself. Should be pin 22 x20. Green/white wire. Needs 12v from pin 6 C101. I left pin 16 of the C101 alone on mine, I might have missed it but I am able to read codes via OBD2 port. I know for tuning you need switched 12v for Pin 17 of the diag connector. It shouldn't be permanant but switchable so you can read codes if I recall correctly. Pin 16 of the x20 is for what? I don't have my other notes in front of me just my current C101 pinout.
                              I have pin 6 c101 to pin 22 x20, and pin 16 C101 to pin 17 x20. Attached image of x20 for reference.

I did not wire pin 17 x20 to anything, because every diagram I read said not to. But clearly something is wrong

UPDATE: Figured it out. Read on another post that MS41.1 can't be read by scanners, only windows programs like INPA. Need to update software to MS41.2 to read with scanner.

Glad I didn't tear apart the harness again! Haha

Last edited by jjc034; 03-22-2019, 03:50 AM.

Comment

You keep talking about x20 when I keep talking about the diagnosis connector? I think you have it figured out. If you can't upgrade the dme I have a spare I could sell you. Look up pazi88 on YouTube, he has lots of good info on flashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X