E36 Rear Sump Oil Pan/Subframe Mod Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Rear Sump Oil Pan/Subframe Mod Thread

Hey guys. As many of you may know, I modify S54 pans and e30 subframes to fit with one another.

I can do the same thing for S/M 50/52 swaps that want to run the E36 rear sump oil pan. I modify the oil pan by clearancing it to fit around the subframe. I also extend the oil pickup to accommodate the notch.

The subframe is placed into my jig which retains the stock mounting location perfectly as well as the location of the steering rack. I can make the rack mounts for either e30 or e36 racks. I strengthen the engine mounting areas of the subframe and weld on new tabs to run the sway bar in the front.

I mock up every setup on an engine before it leaves the door.

The price is $650. You send me your pan and subframe, I modify them and send it back. I charge paypal fees and return shipping.

If I can get 6 people with immediate interest I will do $650 with free shipping and no paypal fees. Typically about $75 dollars.

Let me know what questions you have!

(PS...I have tried and tried to inquire about forum advertising and I get no response)

Still haven't gotten around to installing mine yet :(
    Hopefully this summer. Interesting in seeing people's sway bar setups though.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

it would be nice to not have the sump hanging out in front of the wheels for those who are low. nice work
      Dave @ Bimmerbuddies
      Contact Bimmerbuddies for all your Parts and service needs
      M20,24V,5spdSwap,Weld,Fab,Tow,Buy/Sell/Trade
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057

*Ask about discounts for R3V members*

Comment

Exactly! and thank you. I believe the rear sump pan already has about an inch more clearance, and then it is protected a lot more by the subframe.

Comment

Color me interested.

Comment

Check out my facebook page for more pics of the setup and other work too! link is in my sig.

Comment

Alright not much interest! haha. PM me for a deal!

Comment

i really need to start doing this. So tired of swap customers smashing their pans (my drift car has had its run in's with the pavement too) :(. Stupid low E34 pan.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Question, does this diminish oil capacity?
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Any way to just modify the E34 pan to have a shallower, but wider sump? Does it matter where the sump is? Especially if a skidplate is utilized?

Comment

Yes oil capacity is reduced to about 6 quarts. I have not heard of any issues with that yet.

I could do that to the e34 pan, but it's a pain with how they are built. I'd charge $350 and for another $300 you could have a much better setup with the rear sump.

Comment

Ahh, with the E34 pan the capacity is 6.1qts and the E36 pans look like they hold 6.9 so we wouldn't be losing much anyway since all of us have the E34 pans to begin with.

This is very very cool. Can we get a picture with the E30 subframe mounted or is this only compatible with the modified subframe you make? Just curious how much clearance there would be. Would be nice not having to worry so much about the pan because I'm going to be lowering the car soon. NY streets can be rather unforgiving :(
                        Last edited by dude8383; 03-07-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Oh I can only imagine! It won't even bolt up. The tube I put in makes another inch of clearance and I still have to do a decent size notch to clear it.

Comment

Haha gotcha.

Can you snap a pic of your subframe mounted with the e36 pan then? Is it still possible to baffle that pan since its been modified now?

I'm thinking from a track perspective here :D

Comment

I want to see a picture of the oil pan in relationship to the subframe like in my sig pic

Comment

Working...
                              X