X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Good job folks.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just watched. Forwarded to my car guy friends.
      Great job!

The video mentions some of the reasons I love the E30 chassis. Driver feedback, well balanced, comfortable, reliable, lack of nanny electronics (like traction control). It's a driver's car, and the polar opposite of some of the completely electronic cars on the road today.

I'm not opposed to technology in vehicles (Hell I'm taking Elecrical Engineering in school) but I believe when it removes you completely from the driving experience, we've gone too far. Perhaps today's driver would be more attentive (aka not texting on a smartphone) if we had more "driver's cars" on the road. My E30 doesn't even have a radio (right now), on purpose, so I can hear every bump and sound the car makes. It's probably going to stay this way until I can completely mechanically refresh the car.

The only thing I disagree with is that the video mentions safety as a negative a few times. The E30 was top of its class for crash tests, and is still safer then many cars that are much newer. I've seen pictures of (E30) serious accidents, rollovers, multiple car type stuff, the roof keeps its structure, and 99% of the time occupants walk away with only bumps and bruises. It's a structurally well designed and engineered car.

Comment

fantastic. loved it.

Comment

Cant be said enough. Fantastic!

Comment

awesome job!

as a side note, I can't believe some of you guys actually daily these cars LOL!

nice!
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post

nice!
              Why is that hard to believe? I DD mine and it isn't even completely sorted yet. (Although I won't be driving it in the winter)

Comment

^I have a nice Toyota 4x4 to DD, but its really hard to drive my truck after driving the e30 around. I end up driving both vehicles about the same. Im stressed out? I take the E30. Going out with a girl? take the e30.
                I love the car to death. Everyone in that movie was saying that they just make you smile.... and they do. The sound, going around every corner excessively fast..... Other people that haven't driven them don't understand.
                = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Loved it! Thanks for giving PRO3 some airtime and for the great representation of the community in general.
                  84' 325i -> PRO3 #304
                  Powered by Manntechnik
                  Work in Progress Build Thread

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this:) I saw sunshine...this was recorded in WA?
                    My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                    1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                    IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                    1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                      awesome job!

nice!
                      Yup, DD one of mine. Bring the kids to school, run shop errands and it was also the car I used to complete HPDE. Been pretty much DD'ing e30's for the last decade.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Great documentary. It really captured the social aspects of the car and the community. Which, even though I haven't owned one in a couple of years, is why I stay relatively active on thread. Reminds me of driving through canyon roads during the winter here in Phoenix with the sunroof and all the windows open.
                        Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                        This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Neat.

Makes me miss alll those back roads of Anacortes/Burlington. I used to cruise the same roads for fun after work... now i've got to plan a trip up there and hit chuckanut drive at least one more time.

Great video, really well done. :up:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Props for making this, it was awesome!

Comment

Great job!! Really enjoyable and informative about the PNW-e30 scene. Loved the racing !!!

"As a side note..." I bought my first e30 (Alpine '86 es) in 1990 with 107K on the clock. I DD'd it until August this year. Broke the odo at 227K, 14 years ago (before anybody made replacement gears). Gave the car to my nephew (who had to learn to drive a stick).

So what car took its place ??? A 1988 325iC. I can't imagine life without one...I need to drive one... DAILY !!!

Comment

Like it alot .. really shows what e30's are all about .. no showing off .. driving pleasure is what its all about ;)
                                straight roads are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers

1982 e21 323i rs Hartge
                                1989 e30 325i convertible
                                1994 e36 m3

Comment

Working...
                                X