No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-1 automatic transmission. this thing is like 4 feet long!

Here she lies put away all safe and sound

Anybody know how to get this hunk of shit clutch and flywheel setup off?

Comment

3 bolts between the engine block and the torque converter.
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
        3 bolts between the engine block and the torque converter.
        Hell yeah brother. Thank you! Didn't help that I had no idea what it was called lmao. Never messed with auto trannies.

Comment

Got that damned torque converter off tonight. Also went ahead and took my power steering pump off as well.

Comment

maintenance wise i plan on doing waterpump/thermostat, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, oil change, clean fuel injectors, intake/exhaust manifold gaskets, ....? anyone have any more input as to things i should take care of?
            Last edited by dothadance; 07-06-2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

lol...I was just going to comment about the motor right by the front door.
              is it M60B40 ?
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                lol...I was just going to comment about the motor right by the front door.
                is it M60B40 ?
                Yessir, 95 540. alusil baby!

Comment

Not much to post lately. Ripped one of my old b25s apart to make room for the m60 to get it out of the closet. head, intake mani, throttle body and oil pan are up for grabs if anybody needs them lol.

Comment

I really appreciate that you keep an M60 in your closet

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                      Lol, I just noticed that all of the pictures so far have been in a hallway or something. I don't think I've ever seen anyone remove a torque converter in a carpeted room in their home, especially with a single sheet of newspaper and one rag below it. I had a drip tray, drain pan, and a whole bag of rags under my car in my garage and still ended up with ATF everywhere...
                      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                      e30 restoration and V8 swap
                      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                        Originally posted by JGood View Post
                        Lol, I just noticed that all of the pictures so far have been in a hallway or something. I don't think I've ever seen anyone remove a torque converter in a carpeted room in their home, especially with a single sheet of newspaper and one rag below it. I had a drip tray, drain pan, and a whole bag of rags under my car in my garage and still ended up with ATF everywhere...
                        Hahaha. Don't have much choice. I live in an apartment, and I NEED a v8., lmao. I guess I was just really careful with my torque converter because nothing came out when I took it off. That being said, there are grease handprints all over the walls!
                        Last edited by dothadance; 07-18-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Got some work done.
                          an empty bay and a transmission in my trunk.

My work space lol

I get three paychecks this month and I'm selling all my old five speed stuff so I should have a little money to waste
                          Last edited by dothadance; 08-27-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

sold all my five speed stuff, and within five minutes of the money being handed over i spent it lmao. $400 worth of gaskets and maintenance items, and an fx stage 1 328i clutch in the mail coming in hot!! doesn't seem like i need too much more to drop this sucker in and start rolling:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Lol, are you doing the engine swap in a parking garage?

Change the thread title to 'Finding the worst possible locations for all aspects of one of the most difficult e30 engine swaps"

I bitched when I had to stop working and sweep the smooth floor of my 800 sq ft heated garage because my creeper would hit dirt and not roll smoothly.

On the other hand, you certainly do have quite a bit of room to work there... haha
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                                Lol, are you doing the engine swap in a parking garage?

Change the thread title to 'Finding the worst possible locations for all aspects of one of the most difficult e30 engine swaps"

I bitched when I had to stop working and sweep the smooth floor of my 800 sq ft heated garage because my creeper would hit dirt and not roll smoothly.

On the other hand, you certainly do have quite a bit of room to work there... haha
                                Hahaha I would kill for a regular garage. The guy I sold the manual swap to was in awe that my apartments let me do this lol. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Comment

Working...
                                X