Shadowline Motorsport - LED Bulbs & Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hakstern View Post
    Of course I always miss the GB's...Any new R8 sets H1's lefT?

Yes sir we do! They are still the same price until we run out. For others interested we still have 9005/6 and H3

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
    LED Bulb Thread
    R6 LED Review

Comment

Make sure you dodges about three times!

Comment

Shadowline Motorsport - LED Bulbs & Accessories - Lifetime Warranty

Originally posted by cunninglinguist View Post
        Make sure you dodges about three times!

Lol! Yeah bad translation, they could've wrote it in Chinese, the meaning would be about the same for me. My guess is dodges = flash?? I'll find out.

Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
        LED Bulb Thread
        R6 LED Review

Comment

Shadowline Motorsport - LED Bulbs & Accessories - Lifetime Warranty

So I met up with my buddy David (Manzaalightco) And we tested the flasher relays and a set of switchback bulbs on his 6 series. At first it seemed like a bust but quickly figured out the battery and ground pins are reversed (Or the right way depending on who you ask). So we removed the spades from the connector and swapped them and everything worked great. I also tested both versions on my E30 Vert with no problems.

The standard relay flashes at a nice normal speed. We installed switchbacks and had incandescent bulbs in the rear. We tested them after we removed the rear bulbs and it had no affect on the speed. The adjustable relay also worked great and also unaffected by missing bulbs (aka drop in resistance). We also found out what dodges are, lol. They were trying to explain the interval speed which is variable between 1-3 flashes/sec.

Here's some pics. I will get some videos up soon.

Stock connector layout B---L---E

Reversed pins E---L---B

We're having some of these custom made with the correct pin locations so there will be no need to modify your connector and this will be a true plug-and-play solution.

Thanks!
          Bryon

Last edited by djmossm42; 04-17-2019, 05:04 PM.
          Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
          R6 LED Review

Comment

updates?
            Singer Vehicle Design.
            Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
              updates?

Sorry for the delay, production is a little slow due to the upcoming holidays but our samples should be here soon. We have added the kits to our website but you can only join the waitlist at the moment. We will have an official update coming in the next few days and make the kits available for purchase.

Thank you!
              Bryon

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
              R6 LED Review

Comment

Wow so glad I found this thread. Lots of info, but I'm a bit confused where to start.

I'm replacing my sealed beam head lights with Bosch euro smileys. They're H1. Which LED bulb should I use? Is there a difference between the different bulbs (i.e. R6 vs R7 vs R8) aside from refined light output from each? Do any of them fit any better than others in the euro smiley lights? Are they just for low beam or can I use them in the high beam as well?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfronkis View Post
                  Wow so glad I found this thread. Lots of info, but I'm a bit confused where to start.

I'm replacing my sealed beam head lights with Bosch euro smileys. They're H1. Which LED bulb should I use? Is there a difference between the different bulbs (i.e. R6 vs R7 vs R8) aside from refined light output from each? Do any of them fit any better than others in the euro smiley lights? Are they just for low beam or can I use them in the high beam as well?

Thanks and I’m sorry I missed your post.

There are design differences that will affect the fit. If you are planning to use the small caps the R6 and R8 will work best in conjunction with modifying the small caps. We now carry silicone covers if you don’t want to modify them. All of the bulb styles will work in the High beams. Also since you upgraded from sealed beams you will notice the low beam turn off when you turn on the high beams. We carry a plug-in relay to prevent this and preserve your stock wiring.

Thanks
                  Bryon

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                  R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                    Thanks and I’m sorry I missed your post.

There are design differences that will affect the fit. If you are planning to use the small caps the R6 and R8 will work best in conjunction with modifying the small caps. We now carry silicone covers if you don’t want to modify them. All of the bulb styles will work in the High beams. Also since you upgraded from sealed beams you will notice the low beam turn off when you turn on the high beams. We carry a plug-in relay to prevent this and preserve your stock wiring.

Thanks
                    Bryon

Ohhh? So I have DEPO smiles, I want to use LED highs, so would R8 with your caps be the best solution? And love the plug and play idea so it doesnt turn off my lows, my lows are HID already.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Ohhh? So I have DEPO smiles, I want to use LED highs, so would R8 with your caps be the best solution? And love the plug and play idea so it doesnt turn off my lows, my lows are HID already.

Yes that would be the way to go. I haven’t tried modifying the standard caps to work with the R8 bulbs. But I think it would be a tight fit. The relays will work with HID as well. They also have the shield connector if you plan to do a bi-xenon retrofit.

Thanks
                      Bryon

Apologies for the slow response times, I don’t seem to be receiving post notifications.

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                      R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                        Yes that would be the way to go. I haven’t tried modifying the standard caps to work with the R8 bulbs. But I think it would be a tight fit. The relays will work with HID as well. They also have the shield connector if you plan to do a bi-xenon retrofit.

Thanks
                        Bryon

Apologies for the slow response times, I don’t seem to be receiving post notifications.

Nice how do I order!!
                        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          Nice how do I order!!

Thanks, you can order here! http://store.shadowlinemotorsport.co...ulbs_p_39.html

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

Do you have any pictures of day/night time shots of your 8000k LEDs?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy96 View Post
                              Do you have any pictures of day/night time shots of your 8000k LEDs?

Sorry I don’t have any pictures of the 8000K.

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                              R6 LED Review

Comment

Summer Sale!

All bulbs $55 or Less + Free Shipping

Wheelwell

LED Bulb Thread
                                R6 LED Review

Comment

Working...
                                X