M54 - MS45.0 & MS45.1 swap flashes available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M54 - MS45.0 & MS45.1 swap flashes available

Just putting this out there for anyone looking into the M54 swap - I'm developing a complete swap flash for the M54 using MS45.0 (narrowband O2 sensors) or MS45.1 (wideband O2 sensors).

It includes:
    EWS Delete (of course)
    CAN bus delete
    Post-cat O2 sensor delete (with monitors enabled and "ready")
    cat-warmup delete
    cat-overheat protection delete
    DMTL delete
    SAP delete
    VSS limiter delete
    Sport switch enabled
    Probably other things I've forgotten.

many of these mods require program code modifications - you probably won't find this anywhere else. :)

The DME has to be sent to me for the flash (MS45 is RSA encrypted). Turn around varies but I try to keep it to 2 weeks. If it's a pretty basic M54B30 swap with the features above, it should be fast - if there are special requests, it will add more time.

I can also do MSS54 (S54), MSS52 (S62), MSV70 (N52), and MSS70 (S54). Should be able to add MSS60/MSS65 in the future as well.

PM if interested for more info.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

This is really cool! For an M54 swap this is the way to go.

Comment

Yeah - I'm not neccesarily against standalones, but the stock computers are so robust and adaptive they make 95% of them look like 8 bit Nintendo. I was an early adopter for MS3, and as good as it is I've lost all interest in it.

Never having to deal with surging idle, hard starts, random stalls and jerkyness is awesome. Just tweak the maps that matter and leave the rest perfectly stock!
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whats the solution for cruise control looking like?

Comment

It should be possible to make it work. The main thing is whether the 9-tooth vss input will be good enough. There's a branch in the vss code that subsitues the calculated signal for the CAN signal, so if it works at all it should be possible to activate. I'll look into that some more.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

so does MS45 and 45.1 work with any M54B30 motor or does it only work with certain years?

Comment

should work with any M54B30 motor, but there are likely differences in sensors and definitely harnesses. I think MS45 replaced MS43 in 2003 or 2004, they also came in a bunch of newer cars like the E60 5 series, earlier X3, Z4, etc. It's probably easiest to just use whatever comes with the motor - IMO, the newer, the better.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Just sent PM for you nando. Doing swap for my E60

Comment

This is really cool. Good work!
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I learned on MS45.1 that extra components need to be added to enable the sport switch. I can do that if requested (for a little extra of course - they are small SMD parts). BMW had to save 1 cent per DME on the MS45.1 variants. :|
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

MS45.0 E60 M54B30 Swap

Hi nando, hopefully you see this. Hello everybody, I was helping somebody over at e46fanatics but I came upon an issue. The op lives in UK and has a E60 520 that he recently swapped a 530 engine into. The DME is a MS45.0 but I'm having trouble finding a proper ZUSBnumber for it. I've looked through realoem but I cannot input any of the numbers I come across into WinKFP because it doesn't exist in the configuration file. I hope somebody can help me find it

Comment

what's his serial number?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          what's his serial number?
                          WBANA3201B340695
                          Here are the zusbnumbers given in winkfp

Comment

I see about 12 matches depending on options, but probably any of them would work.

WinKFP isn't perfect unfortunately. Actually, BMWs records on this are just terrible all around. He's lucky he has an E60 and not something older, because for E46 and earlier based vehicles it's even worse.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              I see about 12 matches depending on options, but probably any of them would work.

WinKFP isn't perfect unfortunately. Actually, BMWs records on this are just terrible all around. He's lucky he has an E60 and not something older, because for E46 and earlier based vehicles it's even worse.
                              The weird thing is that I've updated at least 10 different e46's yet I've had no issues. This E60 has got me stuck because I don't know which zusbnumber can be used

Comment

Working...
                              X