X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Oh, that's the E90 booster as well?
    Yes.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Would the e90 clevis pin work?

Comment

Originally posted by onlyindef View Post
        Would the e90 clevis pin work?

The e90 pin doesn’t have the extended cutout for the spring to return the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Onwer of
        1987 e30 325e soon to be s50
        1991 e30 318i four door
        1994 e34 530i 5speed
        05 e53 X5 4.4i fully loaded

Comment

Hi Noshow20x96,

Does your car have ABS? My car does not have ABS and the e30 master cylinder had 3 lines connected; two for the front left and right, and one for the rear that splits in the back. I'm trying to figure out how to use the e90 master cylinder that has only two connectors for lines. Do you have any advice on splitting the lines?

Thanks,
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty Bonanza View Post
            Hi Noshow20x96,

Does your car have ABS? My car does not have ABS and the e30 master cylinder had 3 lines connected; two for the front left and right, and one for the rear that splits in the back. I'm trying to figure out how to use the e90 master cylinder that has only two connectors for lines. Do you have any advice on splitting the lines?

Thanks,
            Ben
            You need to find a Metric female T fitting from an aircraft/automotive supply store. I got mine from Deering Industries in Long Beach.

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Does using only 2 brake line connectors (with T fitting/adapter) mess up anything such as brake bias?
              What size is the T fitting?

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                You need to find a Metric female T fitting from an aircraft/automotive supply store. I got mine from Deering Industries in Long Beach.

That's the same one you can find on the rear where the two brake lines sepereate BMW still has these in stock or can be taken of any E36.

Comment

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
                  That's the same one you can find on the rear where the two brake lines sepereate BMW still has these in stock or can be taken of any E36.
                  This is good to know because this metric T was around $25.

I have only driven the car a few times but bias was unchanged. After looking at the original master, there's basically an internal T.

Comment

M50 swap that will blow your mind.

What's up everybody.

Would like to get some feedback from you guys that are doing or did the e9x booster setup that I came up with.

How did the process work out for you?

How long did it take you?

How hard was it for you on a rate of 1 to 10?

What motor/manifold are you using with the booster?

Did applying the brakes feel different?

How is the pin holding up?

Did the info on here help you?

If you can, can you put up some pictures on here with the booster swap.

Thanks everyone that can give me some feedback on the e9x booster swap on the e30.
                    Last edited by Noshow20x96; 03-01-2019, 07:12 AM. Reason: Update
                    Onwer of
                    1991 e30 318i four door
                    1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

I need additional help for figuring out the master cylinder's size being different than the brake line size. The OP mentioned 3/16" and 12x1, so do I need a 12x1 female to 10x1 male fitting to convert it to the T fitting size (for the front) and a 12x1 female to 10x1 female fitting for the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty Bonanza View Post
                        I need additional help for figuring out the master cylinder's size being different than the brake line size. The OP mentioned 3/16" and 12x1, so do I need a 12x1 female to 10x1 male fitting to convert it to the T fitting size (for the front) and a 12x1 female to 10x1 female fitting for the rear?

The master is the only thing that’s 12x1. Everything else is 10x1. That picture right there is 12x1 out the master, then 10x1 to the straight through and the tee fitting. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Onwer of
                        1991 e30 318i four door
                        1994 e34 530i 5speed

Comment

Noshow20x96, how did you get the vacuum hose for the brake booster to fit on the manifold? My e90 booster has a plug/cap that's too large for the s50 manifold.

Comment

This looks amazing guys, think my UK 318iS will be getting the X3 booster and master treatment over the winter :-) Never been happy with its brakes.
                            My BMW site: www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk since 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Noshow20x96 View Post
                              M50 swap that will blow your mind.

What's up everybody.

Would like to get some feedback from you guys that are doing or did the e9x booster setup that I came up with.

How did the process work out for you?

good , however I used a longer brake line (line going to front caliper) from another E30 for the farther plug closes to the booster

How long did it take you?

about 1 hr including removing the booster for better pin/bracket clearance.... ( once you get the new screws put on the line, cheap brake line crimping machine was not cutting it.. needed my friends professional machine)

How hard was it for you on a rate of 1 to 10?

would have been a 4 if not for trying to add the new "screws" to the hardlines, stock lines are pretty hard, my friend found an adapter that will fit in the cylinder using the stock screws (easier for him)

What motor/manifold are you using with the booster?

M20 2.7 stroker

Did applying the brakes feel different?

like a new car!!! it took me a little while to adjust...

How is the pin holding up?

pin is good.. had to increase the hole on the boosters bracket for the pin to fit minor issue, but check the pin to bracket before you install it on the car!! it will save you time

Did the info on here help you?

very much... thank you

FYI it would be nice to install a bracket that will distribute the force, I installed larger washers on the two screws that go thru the firewall....firewall is kinda thin...

Thanks everyone that can give me some feedback on the e9x booster swap on the e30.

Comment

Does anyone know if he’s still making pins? I’d like to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X