IS spoiler painting/stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS spoiler painting/stripping

I did some searching and did not find a good answer.
    I have a painted IS spoiler and the paint is old and is cracking if you apply pressure. Any safe way to strip the paint and restore the original black color?
    Thanks

Will it come off with a pressure washer? If not, I wouldn’t worry too much about damaging the underside. You’ll just sand it and re-spray anyways

Comment

If its actually paint and your planning on respraying it later you can use Easy Off Oven cleaner and plasitc trash bags. Spray liberally and cover. Leave over night for best results. Clean with appropriate plastic cleaner and shoot it with trim paint after.

I'd start with a small area first to see if it works for you but I've had great luck with this. Also, USE GLOVES! Oven Cleaner will seriously F you up.

- Steve
      - '83 911SC
      - '86 325ES
      - '98 M3
      - '14 328d

Comment

Probably just a lot of careful sanding. It's plastic so you don't want to use anything too harsh on it to strip the paint.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

You can always sand down with a high grit sand paper till smooth and then prime and then paint ..... "feather edge" everything
          PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X