M-tech 2 side marker surrounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-tech 2 side marker surrounds?

I'm doing the final assembly of my car and I have m-tech 2 front and rear bumpers. I didn't realize that the openings in these is larger than the sidemarkers. Looking at realoem I think there is a surround

I believe number 21 in this image:

I don't have my car because it's out getting a headliner in, but you can see the openings here:

The openings are definitely larger than the standard e30 side markers.

Two questions:
    1. Am I correct that there are "surrounds" that I need to install?
    2. Where the heck can I find these? I tried to order them through Pelican but after a day my order was cancelled because they are NLA. Here are the parts I ordered on pelican:
    51-11-2-250-381-BOE
    51-12-2-250-383-BOE
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

You are correct. Surrounds are NLA and required to mount the side markers. Someone was 3D printing these but don't know what became of it.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Anybody here want to lend some out for 3D printing? I can get it done.
      sigpic

Comment

ShiiiiiiiiTE!!! :)
        COTM Aug 2019

Comment

My secret Santa this year 3D printed me a gauge cluster that perfectly in my dash vents, I wonder if he would be able to help. His username is semaj4712

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
            My secret Santa this year 3D printed me a gauge cluster that perfectly in my dash vents, I wonder if he would be able to help. His username is semaj4712

I think I'm going to try to 3D print these since it looks like the only option. If it works I'll update everyone.
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Count me in if you get some done! From what I've seen, rears are different from the fronts.
              sigpic

Comment

Just to close the loop on this in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I had to ditch the 3D printing idea for the sidemarker surrounds. Just ran out of time to get the car ready for radwood. I bought thin sheets of ABS on Amazon. It is easy to cut with a box cutter and you can form it with a heat gun. I cut it into the right shape, painted it with SEM black, and then used 3M tape to mount them. I would love to have the OEM pieces but these will do...and it was only $20. Honestly, they turned out pretty damn good for the price.

COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Hello! Is anyone still in need of these? I took on a project to recreate these and wanted to see if there is still any interest.

Comment

Originally posted by joewhy2k View Post
                    Hello! Is anyone still in need of these? I took on a project to recreate these and wanted to see if there is still any interest.
                    Yeah, I’m interested, how much for a full set?

Comment

I may need this… where did you get your front and rear bumpers from? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X